SRT Engineer Chat HERE on September 19th!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have you ever called JonB at Partsrack on a Monday and what was your experience? :D Keep up the incredible work! THANK YOU for a kick-ass '08!!!!:2tu:

SRT Engineers

SRT Engineers
VCA Member
Reaction score
I recently changed out the stock throttlebody with an aftermarket single blade one. I did notice an improvement in throttle response and some top end power. But what i have noticed lately is the car can not figure out where to idle at times. Sometimes it stops at 1100 for a few seconds then falls to 800 or so. It used to idle at exactly 750 with no problems. Do you have any thoughts on what it is doing and how to correct it?

Sounds like your TPS (throttle position sensor) may not be providing the proper voltage to recognize that it is at idle. It therefore does not go into idle speed feedback control. Check your idle TPS voltage if possible, it should be no more than 1.25 volts and should be around 0.6 to 0.8 volts.

SRT Engineers

SRT Engineers
VCA Member
Reaction score
purchased a 96rt10 a month ago and had had new plugs installed,efi cleaned.pcv valve replaced,new fuel pump and new k&n air filters.
The car has 38k miles,it starts just fine and usually idles around 500rpm is that normal?
Sometimes the idle spikes from 500 to 1200 or will drop almost to 250 and jump up around 1k.
Any ideas what might be going on here?
Any help would be appreciated

700 RPM is target idle. Did the idle issue start before, or after the work done on the vehicle? How was the EFI cleaned? The symptoms suggest possible clogging of the injectors.

SRT Engineers

SRT Engineers
VCA Member
Reaction score
Have there been any changes to the seats for '08? (suppliers?) I had to lower the seat in the '05 I have now.

The only difference in the '08 seats is the addition of Occupant Classification System hardware. Seating position is the same as 2006.

SRT Engineers

SRT Engineers
VCA Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the answer to my first questio but can you answer the second one?

This pertains to the electronic throttle body in the 08? Drive by wire; it also pertains to our Charger...thanks

Sorry, not trying to be difficult...

You might want to do a search on one of the Charger forums. There is photographic evidence to answer your question.

SRT Engineers

SRT Engineers
VCA Member
Reaction score
My 2006 300 SRT8 is extremely sluggish/lazy with the acceleration if I do not use AutoStick and keep the RPMs at 4000 or higher. Dealership states this is in an effort to comply with emissions standards. Any thoughts?

There shouldn't be any difference between the 2 modes.....btw this is the Viper forum right???

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like your TPS (throttle position sensor) may not be providing the proper voltage to recognize that it is at idle. It therefore does not go into idle speed feedback control. Check your idle TPS voltage if possible, it should be no more than 1.25 volts and should be around 0.6 to 0.8 volts.

To test the voltage would i simply test the signal it is sending through the two wires?

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There shouldn't be any difference between the 2 modes.....btw this is the Viper forum right???....

Sure it is! And 32 Viper owners watching every post to see if you answered the other questions before they ask theirs. And of course many of us have other SRT products too - or haven't you seen the survey results yet? :D

kevin96rt

Viper Owner
Reaction score
700 RPM is target idle. Did the idle issue start before, or after the work done on the vehicle? How was the EFI cleaned? The symptoms suggest possible clogging of the injectors.
the system was flushed out and an additive was put in the tank ...the car has idled rough since i bought it

Y2K10 SRT#39

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is there any way to "stiffen" the visors so they stay in a set position at higher speeds?
New, mine were good 'til 80 MPH. Now they move (flatten out) at 65 MPH.

PBR

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks to ALL that participated from SRT and the Viper nation. Be sure to stay tuned to these forums as we offer more updates from SRT as they are made available.

And of course stay tuned for the next SRT Engineer chat!

Status
Not open for further replies.