SRT team speaks on GTS-R development testing at Sebring

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SRT gave us a presentation at the presidents' meeting last week on what team viper has been working on and testing at Sebring. They stated that the cylinder heads and intake have been reworked. They gave no specifics on what that work entailed other than to increase performance. They also tweaked the rear wing. They made changes to the suspension. If I heard them correctly, the suspension/traction control settings can adjust automatically on the track. Imagine going into a specific turn on a given track and the suspension/traction control immediately adjusting for the upcoming turn.

They've essetially looked at every aspect of the program, including improved pitstop performance, going into the new season.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They told us that they will setup as many corrals as possible this year. Amanda from marketing told us they're reviewing the race schedule and looking at which tracks to coordinate with. I'd be surprised if there wasn't a corral for Sebring.

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope they do an offer on the Baltimore ALMS again. I just passed up an early ticket deal from my last year tickets in hopes they offer something, the ALMS is all I watch at Baltimore, even though I know it's not the "big race", I find the open wheelers a bit boring, ALMS is a rubbing = racing style, much more agressive and exciting on position changes etc, plus you root for Vette and Viper, what could be better.

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I want to finally make it to the BMore GP. We have a family friend that owns a team and races, I don't know why it has taken me so long...

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was reflecting back on the presentation that was given by SRT and recalled that the cylinder heads and intake were reworked to optimize airflow from the restrictor plates. Hope this helps.

OP
OP
K

kdaviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wonder if the changes to the AC and suspension will make their way to the production cars.

I Bin Therbefor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thought you guys might enjoy this clip from the Sebring winter tests earlier this month. Vipers sound beastly! Can't wait to see them tear up the track this season. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ai4gZvea6nU

BINGO. Very nice job.

From the Viper Book, there's a very interesting one page article on how the "styling" of the GTS-R came about. It is very easy to see how the GTS-R can lead directly to the street version of the GTS-R with little effort.

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Excellent video and great Viper footage. The Ferraris sound awesome as usual. Hope team Viper has learned more from their performance last year.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang