SRT Vehicles to be Fitted With Alcoa Dura-Bright Wheels

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From the article, sounds like the dura bright will be a surface treatment that will have a minimal impact on the wheel weight. It would be interesting to see if Alcoa actually starts making dedicated, lightweight rims for the Viper. If so and they can achieve even greater weight savings than the Sidewinder/ACR rim, then sign me up.

/Rich

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From the article, sounds like the dura bright will be a surface treatment that will have a minimal impact on the wheel weight. It would be interesting to see if Alcoa actually starts making dedicated, lightweight rims for the Viper. If so and they can achieve even greater weight savings than the Sidewinder/ACR rim, then sign me up.

/Rich

It's not a weight issue, just an anti brake dust issue. And it will only be on the standard 5 spoke if the article is correct. But if anyone likes the new 6 spoke it weighs the same as the lightweight sidewinder. Seems not a lot of folks know that.

P10100363.jpg

Reaction score
I think the new 6 spokes are one of the coolest wheels I have seen on the Viper. They show the brakes great and look light without being wimpy looking.

DR EVIL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
lookup the difference in chrome vs polished weights on the same rim and you'll have your answer. It is a myth that these type of coatings add any signifigant weight. So the answer is that if it adds weight it is most likely in the tenth of a pound per rim like chrome.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Good to know that the new six spokes are as light as the sidewinders.

Gives us another choice for relatively light weight track wheels in 18 / 19.

I like them too.....