SRT Viper ACR Article

NHL2133

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why the hell did they PS an SLS AMG Black Series fascia on a Viper? Chrysler and Mercedes are divorced, apparently Road and Track didn't get the memo.

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't know what it will look like, but it will be one mean, low-down, sucker-punching bully at the track!!! Can't wait.

madninjaskillz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why the hell did they PS an SLS AMG Black Series fascia on a Viper? Chrysler and Mercedes are divorced, apparently Road and Track didn't get the memo.

Ha. That's exactly what I thought. Of course the SLS was going to be the new Viper before they "divorced".

Voice of Reason

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I picked up my car John @ Roanoke Motor pointed out on the inside of the trunk lid where it's already reinforced and designed for an ACR wing. The wing in those pics doesn't attach in the same place at all. I'd imagine if anyone has seen a real rendering of an ACR it's John.

BigDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let's just hope SRT does the right thing and gives it more of a GTS-R appeal. Some fender bulges, vents on each side of the tail lights, etc. We already know the next gen Z06 and ZR1 are going to have this treatment, so there is no excuse.

bluestreak

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Other than the front grill and small rear wing, that car looks fantastic.

The GTS-R is not the ACR. The ACR will look more like the GTS than the GTS-R.

OP
OP
M

mnc2886

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Other than the front grill and small rear wing, that car looks fantastic.

The GTS-R is not the ACR. The ACR will look more like the GTS than the GTS-R.

I would agree with that. Hopefully we at least get a bit more fender flare like the GTS-R though...

I Bin Therbefor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Find the thread that posted pictures of the GTS-R on exhibit at LeMans last year - 2012 -

I want a street version of that BODY and some suitable engine/suspension mods. :2tu:

bluestreak

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is some, Porsche has been using wings that small for decades. It's probably going to be better than the attached platypus lip because it allows for airflow underneath the wing element which is the major provider of DF.

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not a bad render. That front end treatment looks better and more Viper-ish than the current one. I like the brake cooling ducts on both sides of the grill. Still nothing beats teh GTSR body. I really hope for a street legal version of that car, though it is likely a pipe dream. Even so just a wider front and rear fender treatment on the regular Viper body would go a long way in making the ACR look the part. Dont forget fogs and brake ducts.

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I personally like the looks of the TA rear spoiler, but what's more important is the downforce. SRT has a good aero engineering team and of course that wind tunnel. Whatever they come up with that gives the promised 1500 pounds at 150 MPH is good enough for me. Love the big air ducts

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kevsmu4