SRT vs. GT-2

toddt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When are we going to find out if the SRT-10 can best the Porsche GT-2 on the track?

I know PMUM (Paul Mumford, ACR privateer) has a GT-2, so all someone has to do is lend him their SRT, and we can put that one to bed. :)

Can we all agree that if the SRT beats the GT-2 that it will have made the supreme achievement we had hoped for?

My guess: It has a chance.

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That would be bad for the GT2...A convertable beating a coupe? Now that would mean lights out for any super exotic if the comp coupe comes out in street version....Isnt a GTS with the Stoptechs more than enough to handle a GT2 Porsche???...I remember reading some article {Euro} about the GTS vs GT2 Porsche...And the GTS got beat because of "poor brakes"........Ive seen what PMUM can do in a GTS in the SCC Ultimate Street Car chalenge. And he owns a GT2..Would be interesting to hear what he has to say about the two cars.....

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is a comparison that I'd LOVE to see proved out on a track.
The Vipers have many negative myths attributed to them, and one is that they don't handle well, and are only fast in a straight line. :(

So I'd really enjoy seeing a SRT-10 Viper run up against a Ferrari 360, Porsche GT2, and Lamborghini Murcielago, both in the 1/4 mile AND on a full racetrack.

But I's say that the manufacturers wouldn't want to show such a match because their exotic supercars might get beaten by a convertible that costs between 1/2 and 1/4 as much.

-Dean.

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Vipers have many negative myths attributed to them, and one is that they don't handle well, and are only fast in a straight line. :(

-Dean.

Based on a few posts Ive read over the past year I dont think the Porsche guys think so anymore....Ive read of certain Vipers showing up at Porsche events, if I remember correctly, and just beating the crap out of them...Unfortunatly good Viper drivers arent a dime a dozen so when the see the ok drivers getting beaten at tracks it represents to them that the Viper cant handle...For as long as Ive been on this board and others Ive seen the "Viper cant handle posts"...Even after all that Le Mans **********....I dont think it will ever die......They cant dispute its looks, or its power..Its a car that requires skill to extract its greatness. So to the skill-less it can't handle....

BlownC5Roadster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the opposite problem...I see GT2's & T/T's all day long. I have only seen one SRT. It was black(and parked).

From my personal experience with the GT2's, the SRT will definitely hold its own and then some.

Tpup

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SRT would win based on published lap times at Road Atlanta. One of Porsche's factory drivers (Hurley Haywood or David Murry, I don't remember which) ran a TT at RA in the 1:39s. They ran a GT2 on the same day, same conditions, at a 1:38. I was interested in picking up a GT2, actually had one on order. When it came in, I passed. They wanted my TT (1100 miles) and $100K for the GT2; I kept my TT...

Pete ran a 1:38 recently on Road Atlanta in a close to stock GTS.

Roy