SRT's are not Photogenic

ViperGMC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
SRT\'s are not Photogenic

We see lots of pictures of SRT’s on this thread but I have still never seen pictures of SRT's that do justice to them. The car looks soooooo much better in person than any picture I have ever seen. Funny that even scale models don't reflect the feeling you get when you see the real thing, parked, wide, low and ready to blow you away. I just love walking up to my car in my office parking lot everyday after work. Sitting behind one at a stop light, its so wide and low and mean.

When I was shopping for cars and seriously looking at a Porsche, the images of the SRT on the Dodge website did not do anything for me. I had never seen an SRT in person before so I really was not considering it. I just happened to drive buy a dealership that had an SRT in the showroom. When I saw it,that was it, done deal then and there!!

Mopar426

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: SRT\'s are not Photogenic

While I'm more of a Gen II fan, "No Mercy" has THE hottest SRT I've ever seen without a doubt. :2tu:

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I agree, Photos never do the SRT justice. When I see them on the street, I'm always in thrown back at how bad ass it looks.
I like the side view of the coupe in photos.

JGK95

Enthusiast
Reaction score

ditto on all of the above. Its an "In Person" kinda thing.

Jay K.

Kai SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I think it is because photos have a hard time capturing the curves on the back half of the car unless the light is good.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I fully agree. Seeing pics of the SRT make me wonder where Dodge went wrong. Then seeing 1 in person makes me notice the SRT is doing a great job at carrying on the Viper name. The coupe however, looks great in pics. I cant wait to see one in person

FinalEd357

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I agree. I love my GTS, and never appreciated the SRT until I saw and sat in one. Sweet car.

KenH

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Ditto for me as well, though I have seen a few pics lately that do it justice. I had a black SRT10 (first black one I have seen) come up from behind and pass me on the road while I was in my Viper and it looked mean as hell. The poor STi caught between us didn't seem to know what to do.

Mach10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I think Mach10's Copperhead is a work of art!!!! Must see in person to believe its beauty..... :2tu: :2tu: :2tu:
hehe

dirk989

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I always loved the look of the GTS. The SRT-10 didn't grab me the same way, until I saw one in person. Strangely the first time I saw an SRT-10 in person was AFTER I had bought mine and took delivery. What a good call. The car is incredible in person. I have seen some pretty good pictures, but none that truly do it justice.

Dirk

TRAMP 13

Enthusiast
Reaction score

That why a lot of people who had the certificate to recieved the first srt gave up the certificate because the pictures never did do the car any justice,I too had a certificate and had a 99rt sold the rt and told my wife I would wait until it came in and then decide whether to keep it or sell it,glad I didn't give up my chance for the car.Over two years old and no problems to speak of except for small things.

Jeff Lemke

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I always thought this as well. I am one of the few that think the new car looks better than the 1 & 2. I only realize this while looking at the car in person. Photos just cannot capture the emotion of this car for some odd reason. In the end, every Viper design is stunning with nothing else to really compare it to.

Jeff

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score

The SRT has very subtle curves, that the human eye can discern very easily.

But as good as camera technology is, the light reaching the lens isn't captured on film in quite the same way the human eye/mind can interpret what it sees. It takes a great photographer to choose proper angles and revealing lighting that brings out the agressive look of the car. Drew Phillips comes to mind! (Nice car, No Mercy!)

Kinda like canned music verses live music, you know its' live when you hear it. In the same way, a photograph does not capture every subtle nuance of a subject. The triangulation that occurs from two points of reference, (meaning, two eyes), gives a person an edge in discernment, over the single eye of the camera, among other things.

While I'm not loyal devotee of the SRT, it does look pretty damm mean in person.

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I loved the car in pictures...and even more the first time I saw mine in person...I didn't want to leave I started taking pictures of it with my phone :eek: lol

PirateViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I agree....bought my commemorative edition without ever seeing one.While waiting for delivery tried to find every picture I could hoping I was making a good decision.Never found a picture that really excited me.Finally car was delivered last wensday and I couldnt believe how awesome it looks.Every one that has seen my other vipers believe its the baddest one Ive owned.Im no long a Gen 2 snob.It is hard to figure why you cant get many good pix of SRT s.

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I feel this way about many cars. I never give my full opinion on a car that I haven’t seen in person because pictures just never seem to capture the full presence of a car. When the SRT came out, I was so adamant about hating it, but then I got to see one in person shortly after and was blown away at how great it looked. I agree fully on the fact that the SRT looks MEAN in person.

VIPER D

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I beg to differ

6400IMGP2702-med.JPG

your telling me this is not pure art?

vd..

YouWish

Enthusiast
Reaction score

So if you see a picture of a chick and she is "not so hot" do you think to yourself I will wait until I see her in person then I will decide if she is hot? I guess I can kinda see your guys reasoning...maybe she has a rack that you couldn't see from the picture or maybe really long legs/tongue. This info changes then how you view that "not so hot" chick.

DT04R

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Howdy Folks!

Interesting topic - we were down in Flager this past weekend - lots going on with the Jazz Fest - plenty of interesting rides out and about. Saw a nice 360 F-car, an *amazing* Porsche CGT (where do you park _that_?)

Anyway, saw a red SRT and I'm always amazed at how they look in person - definitely lots of interesting details that make the whole car and that aren't conveyed well in pictures. I guess the best way to describe it is it has awesome "street presence" (which IMHO, is diluted by lack of exclusivity - after having seen a new Z06 in person, it's a nice design, but maybe knowing there's over 38K C6's on the streets, it doesn't have the same impact).

DT

I agree, Photos never do the SRT justice. When I see them on the street, I'm always in thrown back at how bad ass it looks.
I like the side view of the coupe in photos.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang