SSG, $11,000.00 over sticker...

Frank17

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Took a ride out to Riverhead Dodge today. They advertised three 2008 vipers, two converts and a SSG coupe.
Salesman said we have two converts, a black, red and a SSG coupe that is sold, and the guy is picking up tomorrow. Saw it under a cover, which he would not remove, had black stripes, razor wheels.
Was told they are very rare and this one went for $11,000.00 over sticker. They are not making any more, ever. Two guys were bidding over it
I said "WOW" and left, I did not ask what the others were going for..

Pythonpete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is an SSG Vert on ebay right now. White Stripes, Razor wheels. The buy it now price is 94K. the starting bid is 80.5K, no bids yet.

snakeplissken

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why not $11K over. The Friggin Z06's were bringing $20-30K over when they came out.

OP
OP
F

Frank17

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Pete,
i have been watching some of those, and most of them do not have the car. It is "coming in". I did have a tentattive deal with a dealer and he said it was at the rail yard, he had to pick it up. He hemmed and hawed and finally I broke it off. I am told Vipers do not ship by rail....
I am waiting paitiently for Woodhouse to give me a build date so I can stop looking at those. Bill P has been very good....

Nsane1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
He wouldn't take the cover off? Geez... Good to see they're fetching some $$$, any friggin day now!!

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seems that green is holding its value very well out of all the colors. I just can not imagine paying over sticker, let alone $11K over sticker!!!

ASPIRATIONS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Took a ride out to Riverhead Dodge today. They advertised three 2008 vipers, two converts and a SSG coupe.
Salesman said we have two converts, a black, red and a SSG coupe that is sold, and the guy is picking up tomorrow. Saw it under a cover, which he would not remove, had black stripes, razor wheels.
Was told they are very rare and this one went for $11,000.00 over sticker. They are not making any more, ever. Two guys were bidding over it
I said "WOW" and left, I did not ask what the others were going for..

I call Bull**** on that price the salesthief told you:bsm: He was probably trying to get a third guy bidding for the RARE SSG BLANKET SNAKE:rolaugh:.....You were smart for leaving...That car stickers for at least 91k so he was telling you someone was going to pay 100K+ for it? I guess its true what they say.."A sucker born every minute" (the person who was going to buy it):rolleyes:...How does this salesman know that they will NEVER make any more SSG? I bet you will see it next year if its that popular but he probably told you its the last year of the Viper too.:rolleyes: What an ******..........Sorry for the rant