SSG COUPE 130 miles MUST sell by tomorrow 83K!!!!

OP
OP
ASPIRATIONS

ASPIRATIONS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ANYONE at 83K:dunno::dunno: I dont need full amount by tomorrow just a deposit and that your serious!!! Would need remainder in 6-7 days......Only 20 SSGs next year and you wont get one for this price!!!!!!!

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
JMHO, you need to relax on this sale and not come off looking so desperate,
keep this up and no one will buy until you post a CRAZY price for your viper.
On this site we all know what is happening in resale for ANY VIPER, INCLUDING
SSG. If you really need to sell it PM me and lets talk . You could also post telling
all of us why you need to sell it in less then 24 HRS and there just might be
someone here who can help you.

I WOULD ALSO SUGGEST CALLING BILL PEMPERTON AT WOODHOUSE, HE WOULD
BE YOUR BEST CONTACT AT THIS POINT IN MY OPINION.

OP
OP
ASPIRATIONS

ASPIRATIONS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
JMHO, you need to relax on this sale and not come off looking so desperate,
keep this up and no one will buy until you post a CRAZY price for your viper.
On this site we all know what is happening in resale for ANY VIPER, INCLUDING
SSG. If you really need to sell it PM me and lets talk . You could also post telling
all of us why you need to sell it in less then 24 HRS and there just might be
someone here who can help you.

I WOULD ALSO SUGGEST CALLING BILL PEMPERTON AT WOODHOUSE, HE WOULD
BE YOUR BEST CONTACT AT THIS POINT IN MY OPINION.

Wanted,
The deal has opened up again on the ACR I was looking at only they dont want ANY trade because they are remodeling and putting up a new showroom....I want to sell it to buy that ACR but if someone gets it before me so be it!,but if I can sell my car at that price I can land it hence the urgency of my posts....Most dealers are not willing to trade and if they are they will not give anything reasonable and I CANT lose that much on a like new car and also the deal wouldnt be a deal then,lol.....
I do not need to sell it in 24hrs but need to have a serious buyer give a deposit(read my previous post).....Hope this answers some questions and makes my desperate post seem a little more logical:rolaugh: Kevin

VENOMAHOLIC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Couldn't you just get sidewinders with PS2's, upgrade the shocks and get the aero to make a SSG ACR clone? It would probably be cheaper than buying another car and selling this one.

als 08 viper acr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats a good plan I have considered.....:2tu:

For resale value it is always better to keep your car stock & not do any ACR Mods. If you did the ACR Mods ,it would be worth less than stock. If necessary, I would wait to purchase an ACR if you sell yours. It would be better to sell your SSG:) for a little less. i.e. 79k than to Mod it into an ACR Clone. Just my .02 cents.

Al

fastmd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Additionally, it would cost much more to buy all the ACR pieces and make clone vs. just buying an ACR. What many don't realize is that the aero components are not the exact same as the ACR pieces.

VENOMAHOLIC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Additionally, it would cost much more to buy all the ACR pieces and make clone vs. just buying an ACR. What many don't realize is that the aero components are not the exact same as the ACR pieces.

I agree that it would have been cheaper to buy an ACR first and I know that there is an aero pkg that is different from the ARC components. I just was suggesting to Aspirations that if dealers tried to give him a big depreciation hit on his 100 mile trade in as well as pay huge taxes on another more expensive Viper, then the clone option seems pretty cost effective. It's a buyer's market and I am sure Aspirations could find those components relatively cheap, especially with our great site sponsors.

Personally, if I were Aspirations, I would wait for that Mopar engine package for 75 extra NA hp and have Tator install it and not worry about not having an ACR.:drive:

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I tend to agree. Do the suspension and rotors on the SSG and you will have a car that is 7/10ths ACR.

I agree that it would have been cheaper to buy an ACR first and I know that there is an aero pkg that is different from the ARC components. I just was suggesting to Aspirations that if dealers tried to give him a big depreciation hit on his 100 mile trade in as well as pay huge taxes on another more expensive Viper, then the clone option seems pretty cost effective. It's a buyer's market and I am sure Aspirations could find those components relatively cheap, especially with our great site sponsors.

Personally, if I were Aspirations, I would wait for that Mopar engine package for 75 extra NA hp and have Tator install it and not worry about not having an ACR.:drive:

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont understand this comment. If you do mods and feel like you will lose money on the sale, just remove them. Remember while it is tough to get any money back on them, there are some that look for cars they have what they certain mods already.

In the end, remove them, sell the mods separate and you will be better off in the end.

For resale value it is always better to keep your car stock & not do any ACR Mods. If you did the ACR Mods ,it would be worth less than stock. If necessary, I would wait to purchase an ACR if you sell yours. It would be better to sell your SSG:) for a little less. i.e. 79k than to Mod it into an ACR Clone. Just my .02 cents.

Al

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Al
Ecactly correct .If someone were to put 20 grand in mods their car is not worth any more than a totally stock SSG Car.If the mods void the factory warranty the car will be worth LESS than a totally stock car.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not cost efective to "clone" an ACR, you would need,,

1. Fully adjustable for damping, compression and height KW suspension. Price Not cheap but I don't know
2. Black Sidewinder wheels, about 4k if you could find them as blems, $1700 ea otherwise I believe. And just finding used sidewinders is virtually impossibe, I've been looking for 5 months for a spare set.
3. Two piece Stop Tech Brakes, price I don't know but again not cheap.

And quoted on another thread....
4. Front splitter, everybody ready? List price 22K
5. Dive planes 6k each
6. Wing 12k
That is IF you can find any of the above.
And if you substitute the aero pieces the only different part would be the wing, which is also pricey and really does not look like or give anywhere near the downforce of the ACR wing.

Just buy the dang car and pay the 11k extra and not only have the real thing but participate in it possibly holding it's price better as it really is limited production and a long wait to order.

Last edited:

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not cost efective to "clone" an ACR, you would need,,

1. Fully adjustable for damping, compression and height KW suspension. Price Not cheap but I don't know
2. Black Sidewinder wheels, about 4k if you could find them as blems, $1700 ea otherwise I believe. And just finding used sidewinders is virtually impossibe, I've been looking for 5 months for a spare set.
3. Two piece Stop Tech Brakes, price I don't know but again not cheap.

And quoted on another thread....
4. Front splitter, everybody ready? List price 22K
5. Dive planes 6k each
6. Wing 12k
That is IF you can find any of the above.
And if you substitute the aero pieces the only different part would be the wing, which is also pricey and really does not look like or give anywhere near the downforce of the ACR wing.

Just buy the dang car and pay the 11k extra and not only have the realy thing but participate in it possibly holding it's price better as it really is limited production and a long wait to order.

Sounds to me like Dodge is trying to prevent people from cloning ACRs. Those prices are nuts.

rocman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I was talking to one of the guys at KW, and he told me that they are selling the suspension to Chrysler for less than it costs to make them. It's an investment in publicity. Not sure if that is true or not.

Also, they are developing a retrofit that turns the stock ACR suspension into a 3 way adjustable.