SSG touch up paint

Reaction score
We have made up some for customers and just other owners. You can call me and I can get some for you if you still need it.

Peter Nielsen

Viper Owner
Reaction score
How about the brown-black touch-up paint for the interior? Yesterday my convertible top hook hit the side of the interior black bar (where the hook locks) and hit the paint so that it flaked off... In 2 years this never happened in my 2006, and now with only 40 miles on the 2008 I alreay have bare metal showing...

Standard black paint won't cut it. It's a very dark brown. Anyone knows where to get this paint?

Thanks,
Peter

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Peter how are the issues with your top?

My 08 is coming back from woodhouse this weekend and mark said that he repositioned my top for me and adjusted the door some so hopefully my issue is resolved......

btw if u're top is still coming down on the passenger door then chipping the black paint on that latch is more likely to happen because the top is harder to close........i did the same thing on my 03 trying to latch the top with the windows up

Some pics of your car in the outdoors would be nice as well

Last edited:

Peter Nielsen

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Peter how are the issues with your top?

The top may come down on the door if I'm not careful, however I keep watching that so for me it's not a major issue (as long as I remember to watch it)... My ViperTech told me that if needed, they can probably get me a new top to solve the other issues.

btw if u're top is still coming down on the passenger door then chipping the black paint on that latch is more likely to happen because the top is harder to close........i did the same thing on my 03 trying to latch the top with the windows up

This probably happened because the frame on the 2008 top is more flimsy - without much force it easily flexes almost 1" to each side. Yesterday I did not use force or anything, but I think I might have accidentally pushed it a little bit to the side, which made the hook hit the side of the bar. In contrast, my 2006 frame was very stiff and would not ever move enough to the side to risk this happening...

At least that moved my focus. Now priority lies on fixing that chipped bar (it actually chipped/deformed the metal edge by a fraction of a millimeter, so if it's not too hard to replace I'm probably going to have the whole bar replaced). Frustrating...

Peter

Last edited:

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
well at least the engine kicks ass

Your avatar shows that viper red is still the most stunning color

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member