Ssg Will It Be Offered In 2010.?????

ASPIRATIONS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know there was a thread on here on colors that may be offered in 2010 and some dropped....Can someone tell me for sure if SSG will be offered or NOT ???? Kevin

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was at the plant two weeks ago and they said it would

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
who really knows what the hotel they,ll paint them suckers

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who is they..,lol???? I would really like to know for sure..:dunno:Kevin

the gentleman I spoke with among others is the person responsible for deciding where the cars are painted and determines if the quality of the paint meets the Vipers specs....my guess is he would know...but you are welcome to keep fretting about it. There is also talk of a new color that sounded very interesting.

Art 138

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the gentleman I spoke with among others is the person responsible for deciding where the cars are painted and determines if the quality of the paint meets the Vipers specs....my guess is he would know...but you are welcome to keep fretting about it. There is also talk of a new color that sounded very interesting.

From your vantage point at the Plant did you see more ACRs being produced vs verts/normal coupes????

OP
OP
ASPIRATIONS

ASPIRATIONS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thanks for the information but your comment (but you are welcome to keep fretting about it.) is uncalled for. I have a SSG/ACR on order and we are going to get our first snowfall this Wednesday...If I can get the same car next year why let this one coming in sit for 6-7 months in my garage ? lts a 09 already a model year old..:dunno::dunno: I will just order the same car next Feb. and get it in April-May..Thats why Iam fretting.:rolleyes: Now I know that I may be rolling the dice especially with FIDODGE and what might and might not be cancelled but at this point Iam tired of the wait.. SOOO if I can get a definate answer and the one your man at the plant told you sounds good I will get it next year...I have a IM out to Herb and Jim the color guy too...Kevin

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would just hang on to the one you have on order. IMO. What if....you do cancell on this car and then order a '10 but for whatever reason dodge all of a sudden decides to cancell the SSG color. Too much could happen between now and then. I bought an ACR (Gen II) in November of last year. The only time I drove it was the night I got it. Up my driveway and into my garage. It sat there till March of this year when it cleared up for a few weeks. It was worth the wait. I assure if you have to wait throught a winter to drive your '09 it will be worth the wait. :)
Thanks for the information but your comment (but you are welcome to keep fretting about it.) is uncalled for. I have a SSG/ACR on order and we are going to get our first snowfall this Wednesday...If I can get the same car next year why let this one coming in sit for 6-7 months in my garage ? lts a 09 already a model year old..:dunno::dunno: I will just order the same car next Feb. and get it in April-May..Thats why Iam fretting.:rolleyes: Now I know that I may be rolling the dice especially with FIDODGE and what might and might not be cancelled but at this point Iam tired of the wait.. SOOO if I can get a definate answer and the one your man at the plant told you sounds good I will get it next year...I have a IM out to Herb and Jim the color guy too...Kevin

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kevin,

Retail sales are running 20 per month, June/July/Aug, 20/20/19, dealer inventory is at 200 units, production is 15-20 per week. Hopefully September will show a big spike in retail viper sales. I'm pro viper, but, unless the sales picks up, production will need to slow.

If you have an opportunity to buy the new viper you want, get it now!

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From your vantage point at the Plant did you see more ACRs being produced vs verts/normal coupes????

70% of the orders that they are receiving have been ACRs...and yes most of what was on the floor were ACRs

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Sorry dude I was just joking about you fretting over it, I can understand your frustration with the current uncertainties. Hang in there, maybe Herb or someone else with additional contacts will chime in.

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kevin,

Retail sales are running 20 per month, June/July/Aug, 20/20/19, dealer inventory is at 200 units, production is 15-20 per week. Hopefully September will show a big spike in retail viper sales. I'm pro viper, but, unless the sales picks up, production will need to slow.

If you have an opportunity to buy the new viper you want, get it now!

I doubt there's many sales in the rust belt where I live once Fall sets in. Certainly wouldn't expect sales to go UP in September nationally.

who really knows what the hotel they,ll paint them suckers

OK, I need some of what you are tokin'!

OP
OP
ASPIRATIONS

ASPIRATIONS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tease. Can you give us more info?:D

I second that motion; more info please! :2tu:

Jim the color guy wrote this: Not much help,lol:omg:

Hi Kevin,

The 2010 Viper color plan should be announced by November.

All I can say now is that, once you hear what will be offered, you may want to keep your current order and order another ACR in February.

Viper Nation will not be disapointed!

Stay tuned...

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't cancel your car.

We had a $5K price increase from early in 2009 to the time we took delivery.

There are simply no more guarantees about viper production anymore. Plant up, plant down, suppliers in, suppliers out, bankruptcies disrupting other suppliers - you name it.

There's no reason to wait - and in fact - you open yourself up to a lot on uncertainty. Probably some new colors for 2010 and maybe interior options, etc - also - this is the first time Fiat will be having input into the pricing structure. Viper kicks Ferrari's ass at less than 1/2 the price. Hmmm....

After all you have been through - canceling the car now is like giving up.

OP
OP
ASPIRATIONS

ASPIRATIONS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Janni,
What was the reason for the 5K increase? I cant believe its taking this long to build these cars..Dodge is not helping themselves with this on-off production.:( I dont want to wait until next year for color or options as I want ssg and no other options..Iam just not happy that I cant even get a delivery date because not even my dealer knows when the plant will be open or closed..:dunno: Why cant Dodge just get the alloted parts build the cars and then shut down for the year instead of dribbling these cars through,very fustrating....There is a member on here whos ACR was built in June and its still at CAAP:omg: You think when you pay 100K for a vehicle they would get it delivered to you.:rolleyes: Kevin

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Prices change - there are no guarantees.

The plant WANTS to be open - but - there are problems with suppliers - like I said - going bankrupt, their suppliers having problems with deliveries, productions at some suppliers shifting to higher volume products, etc.

It's an unprecedented time in the history of the US automakers. They don't like it any more than you do - but - there's no guarantee that it will get better as time goes on.

You have a real live car with a vin - that's built - and at Prefix getting the last bits of aero goodies. You are in the homestretch - and you want to leave the field? Who's to say that the game will get played tomorrow???

Believe me - this is a complete nightmare from a supply chain standpoint and CAAP wants parts to be flowing, orders to be flowing and the line to be moving probably more than you do.

My car's build date was 4/15/2009 and I picked it up in September. Getting caught in the bankruptcy caused a major time delay. And the plant might not know too far ahead when they will be running - again - parts delays and supplier solvency issues are not fun - or predictable.

But - this is the bird in the hand theory - and if you want to risk it - realize it's a real risk.

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
FYI...I ordered mine as soon as orders opened in 07 for the ACR. Mine was delivered in late September 2008. Waited 10 months...worth every moment..

OP
OP
ASPIRATIONS

ASPIRATIONS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Prices change - there are no guarantees.

The plant WANTS to be open - but - there are problems with suppliers - like I said - going bankrupt, their suppliers having problems with deliveries, productions at some suppliers shifting to higher volume products, etc.

It's an unprecedented time in the history of the US automakers. They don't like it any more than you do - but - there's no guarantee that it will get better as time goes on.

You have a real live car with a vin - that's built - and at Prefix getting the last bits of aero goodies. You are in the homestretch - and you want to leave the field? Who's to say that the game will get played tomorrow???

Believe me - this is a complete nightmare from a supply chain standpoint and CAAP wants parts to be flowing, orders to be flowing and the line to be moving probably more than you do.

My car's build date was 4/15/2009 and I picked it up in September. Getting caught in the bankruptcy caused a major time delay. And the plant might not know too far ahead when they will be running - again - parts delays and supplier solvency issues are not fun - or predictable.

But - this is the bird in the hand theory - and if you want to risk it - realize it's a real risk.

I understand the BK and all the supply issues but now its just insane...I will keep it if my dealer give me 3k off of my agreed to price otherwise I want my deposit back and will wait until next year...Who knows I might get a better deal on a used 08-09,lol...
and guess what my dealer has not answered my e-mails 4 days or phone calls last 2 days....:dunno: Hope Dodge doesnt send me a customer satisfaction form:rolaugh:

FYI...I ordered mine as soon as orders opened in 07 for the ACR. Mine was delivered in late September 2008. Waited 10 months...worth every moment..

Frank,Not tring to be an ass but your new 08 with delivery miles is up for sale so how was waiting 10months worth every moment......I know Iam an ass for not driving the last 3 Vipers I had so this one was going to be my last(per the wife) and now that excitement is gone replaced by fustration and trying to get a a car thats a model year old and gets to sit for another 6-7 months in my garage depreciating.....:crazy2:

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You are definately an Instant Gratification Person. So why would you care if my ACR is up for Sale? What does that have to do with waiting 10 months & worth every moment? (my situation has changed since i purchased my ACR in 08 & yes i have other Vipers for Sale also, and for your information i haven't driven those since my situation change) Are you going to bust my chops about those also?

From what i remember about your 08 SSG that you had for sale you wanted it sold real bad, you complained about what others paid for their cars, (i am sure that i did also) Wanting to know if the SSG was to be made in an ACR, your wish came true, you sold your 08 & now your complaining about you 09 not being finished when you want it. Quit your crying, **** it up & wait for your car to come in. The Dealer owes you nothing, everyone cuts their own deal.

We all know that you are upset about this process. Sit back let the process happen. You will be sorry if you cancel this car & someone else gets it, you will be kicking yourself in the butt & if this is the Viper that you desperately want it will haunt you to let it go.

I remember when the 96's were announced & build started. Another wait...wait....wait....Finally in December i receive a phone call that my 96GTS will be in Mid December. Did i want to drive it during the summer...Hell ya...Took Delivery in December, placed in the garage, started driving in April 97...And yes some had their 97's already...but i had the 96...

Keep the order.

Lawrenzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Take a deeeeep breath and relax. Ok, now erase any thoughts about not taking delivery of your much anticipated SSG ACR from your mind. This is your "keeper" so nobody will care whether it's a late production 2009 or 2010 when your heirs go to sell it:lmao:

And if you decide not to take it, please let me know who the dealer is;)

OP
OP
ASPIRATIONS

ASPIRATIONS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You are definately an Instant Gratification Person. So why would you care if my ACR is up for Sale? What does that have to do with waiting 10 months & worth every moment? (my situation has changed since i purchased my ACR in 08 & yes i have other Vipers for Sale also, and for your information i haven't driven those since my situation change) Are you going to bust my chops about those also?

From what i remember about your 08 SSG that you had for sale you wanted it sold real bad, you complained about what others paid for their cars, (i am sure that i did also) Wanting to know if the SSG was to be made in an ACR, your wish came true, you sold your 08 & now your complaining about you 09 not being finished when you want it. Quit your crying, **** it up & wait for your car to come in. The Dealer owes you nothing, everyone cuts their own deal.

We all know that you are upset about this process. Sit back let the process happen. You will be sorry if you cancel this car & someone else gets it, you will be kicking yourself in the butt & if this is the Viper that you desperately want it will haunt you to let it go.

I remember when the 96's were announced & build started. Another wait...wait....wait....Finally in December i receive a phone call that my 96GTS will be in Mid December. Did i want to drive it during the summer...Hell ya...Took Delivery in December, placed in the garage, started driving in April 97...And yes some had their 97's already...but i had the 96...

Keep the order.

Sorry Frank,
I REALLY didnt mean to bust on you at all!!! I respect the fact that your a
talented person with a great business mind and a very good taste in cars...Yes I have a hard time waiting but that doesnt mean Iam spoiled,lol....I think I am just tired of being so dumb and losing money that I cant burn on my last 2 Vipers...Iam supposed to hear back from my dealer today and if I can get the deal I want I will wait otherwise I have the Winter to plan my next move...Who knows maybe FIDODGE will get its s**t together and have a real plan going forward.....Once again sorry for the non-intended insult...Kevin

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes that would be a brillant move by FI-DODGE up the price when they cant move them now..:lmao:

I don't believe that there is a problem selling them now - and viper only builds for orders from dealers.... so - don't laugh at a price increase - between supplier BKs, Fiat ownership, other constraints - an increase is a possibility - it's happened almost every year....

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang