SSR Rims -- any cap choices?

Bluvenm97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have SSR's on my Viper, but I'm not happy with the look of the caps. I had them off for a while, but now have them on to give the wheel a more finished look.

Has anyone done anything to their caps? The "SSR" logo on them just doesn't look right on a Viper to me. I was thinking of having someone CNC a Sneaky Pete on them or something, just don't know who could do it...:dunno:

I know I'm not the only one who doesn't like the caps, anyone have an alternative?

Attachments

• ssr_typec_rs_anth_ci3_l.jpg
    ssr_typec_rs_anth_ci3_l.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 54

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Someone offers a set of CNC machined centercaps that were designed for the OEM 18 inch wheel. I originally considered buying a set however the shop that painted my wheels also painted my centercaps and filled in around the "SSR" logo. I like the way it looks now and after noticing just how many sneaky pete logo's the car has on it and in it, I left it alone.

The nice thing about the center caps I was thinking about using is that the have a backing plate that attach's from the inside. So you would not have to worry about using glue and more importantly someone prying them off to steal them.

MacManInfi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The nice thing about the center caps I was thinking about using is that the have a backing plate that attach's from the inside. So you would not have to worry about using glue and more importantly someone prying them off to steal them.

What's there to worry about? I've only lost two of mine so far!

It does **** though. Pretty bad design really. I finally had to resort to using silicone gasket sealer to keep the thing in there!

I looked around for an alternate too, but there's nothing that I ever ran across that'd fit. It's a pretty unique size/shape.

OP
OP
B

Bluvenm97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah I read some posts in other car forums about SSR caps. They all say take them off if you do any road course/ tracking.

I guess for the cost of the wheel, we can't complain too much...

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
VERY difficult to get off and on. Unless you've heated them at the track. Then, they fall off.
Ask me how I know...