!st runs with BTR NOS kit at track

FastMatt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I took my 2000 GTS ACR to the track, Only mod is the BTR NOS kit, everything els 100% stock. It was at the Roswell Track 3600ft.NOS jetted with 49's in NOS, and 24's in Propane

1st run of the night 25psi in the RR tires (335 comp TA's)
I come out at about 1500RPM, and get the most UNREAL wheel hop I have ever felt in a car, in 1st, 2nd and 3rd if felt like a freaking jack hammer! this run netted me
2.42 60ft
ET 11.74
1/4 MPH 127.6

next pass I don’t want to brake something with this wheel hop ,I let the tires down to 19psi. I don’t go past 1/2 throttle in 1st then go WOT in 2nd well here comes the wheel hop again. I let of 3 times in the run this netted me
2.10 60ft
ET 12.1@124

Knowing that I am going to brake something with this wheel hop, so I decide not to turn on the NOS till I get inti 4th, and just have some fun, and win the quick 16 (not menny cars there that could run faster that 12.2-12.3) only running the NOS in 4th gave me a string of very close times
all around
2.0 60ft's
12.00 ET's
125 MPH's

I think I need some ET Streets

PS I did win the quick 16
smile.gif

TOOOFST

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome to the other side.I've struggled with the same results.Get better tires.I've heard that changing alignment can help.I'm trying hoosiers at the track Sat.Got a big bet with a friend I can go 10:99 or better the first pass out.Hey this is fun!

Tom Welch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Matt,

A couple of things to try:

Your tire pressure sounds like you were too high then too low. To low can be as bad as too high as the tire "cups" from not enough pressure across the contact patch when pressure is low and torque is applied.

If you don't road race, take 5 minutes and remove the front sway bar.........what a difference!

Launch at 2500 rpm, slipping the clutch and dont bring in the juice until there is no wheelspin. "Granny shift" the 1-2 and avoid wheel hop at all cost! It is the death of U-joints.

MES, a poorly prepped track can be WORSE than the average street.
Think of this, race tracks get lots of oil, water, anti-freeze, transmission fluid, gasoline and more spewed on them all of the time. If not prepped and with the limited amount of vehicles driving on them, there is no chance of decent traction.

Keep practicing matt.

Tom
Http://btrviper.com

MES

Enthusiast
Reaction score
FastMatt, have you ran the nitrous on the street? I'm just wondering if the track is causing wheel hop or not. Also did you slam into the gears 2nd & 3rd and nail it or did you wait until you hooked up before going WOT? I found most wheel hop results in a sudden no-power to full-power WOT scenario. The slack in the drivetrain is what I think causes it. Slipping the clutch a bit as you go into a gear will take the slack out and excessive power will result in wheel spin rather than wheel hop. Just wondering as I soon will have the same dilemma.