Stafford Township, NJ Crash

ViperCollector

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Disclaimer: Sure seems like a LOT more of these popping up in my Google News bot search this year. Posting these here as reminders to others.... Already been called a 'grim reaper' by a local Viper owner (and friend)! :rolaugh:

Three-car accident in Stafford injures four - pressofAtlanticCity.com: Breaking News

STAFFORD TOWNSHIP - A 62-year-old Barnegat man remains in critical condition following a three-car accident Saturday night on Route 9 just south of Marybell Road.
Police said John Fiorentino, 62, of Barnegat, was traveling south on Route 9 at 6:12 p.m. when his 2004 Dodge Viper crossed over into the northbound lane striking a 2007 Lexus driven by Carol P. Holmes, 50, of Barnegat. Holmes' vehicle then ran off the roadway and came to a rest in a wooded area just off Route 9.
Fiorentino's car then crashed into a third vehicle, a 2006 Hyundai Elantra driven by June A. Cicciola, 62, also of Barnegat.
Fiorentino was airlifted to AtlantiCare Regional Medical Center, city division, with multiple injuries and police said he remains in critical condition.
Steve Narozniak, a passenger in Fiorentino's car, had minor facial lacerations and was treated and released from Southern Ocean Medcial Center.
Holmes was also taken to Southern Ocean Medical Center with multiple non-life threatening injuries.
Jennifer Foss, a passenger in Cicciola's car, was also treated and released from Southern Ocean Medical Center after complaining of neck and back pain.
The crash is still under investigation and anyone with information is asked to call police at 597-1189 extension 8443.

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Viper is a perfect car for winter - no (more) doubt here :drive:

Please go ahead and drive the sh*t out of the cars :2tu:

Makes the remaining ones even more desirable. :eater: :2tu: :D

JohnnyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
boy oh boy and these are the crashes we are hearing about, i wonder how many other vipers crashed this year that didnt make the news? :dunno:

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow... Another one... They salted my road today so I'm probably done until April now... I did have the car out a couple of times in near freezing conditions recently and just took it easy... I learned after I almost lost control back in March the second time I drove the car.

steve911

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Although the news articles can serve as a reminder, one thing I seem to notice that these accidents involve people who are not part of the VCA/forums for the most part. We can preach all we want here but they will never hear us....:dunno:

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
steve, you dont know that they are part of the VCA or not. the article wont say that and i doubt anyone is going to come on and say " oh that was me and i dont know how to drive "

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another one....well, regardless, hope all (drivers and passengers) are (or going to be) okay. The driver, in the VCA or not, is still part of "Viper Nation" and deserves our concern.

This whole thing about Viper crossing multiple lanes makes me think there is something to drivers not respecting the power of the car. Even though they own it, the point at which the tires let go can be quite unexpected and difficult to correct. If the Viper has to be out, driving at speed limit (or even a little below) might be the smart thing to do in winter.

Just a thought (again).