Stainless steel brake lines

Brad Manhattan Beach

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Try Stop Tech. They make a very nice set if lines and brakes too. Contact Bob Lee at Stop Tech or Dan Cragin at Claude Short/Simonson Dodge.

I was just at the track this past weekend and boy do they make a difference.

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you put the new lines in you should also consider the Brake Bleeders. They are great! Saves a lot of tie and headaches, and it allows you to bleed your brakes by yourself!

Jerry Scott[CO]

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If you are looking for stainless lines for the stock brakes, in my opinion, Eric Messley makes the best system, since he uses the stock rigid line hardware. He replaces the rubber lines with stainless and the rest is standard bolt on. By using the rigid line hardware, you do not have to worry about the lines rubbing the wheel or springs. His number is: 714-899-3669.

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think all of the tuners have them. If you order today, you should be able to get them delivered by Santa! I have seen them at the SVSi shop. Not sure if they still carry. There # 630-876-1335.

Merry Christmas!

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They are called Speed Bleeders and SVSI has them - you'll need 6 and go for the stainless steel. Go to Speed Bleeder for part number info. You'll be glad you did. HOWEVER, don't do everything at the exact same time - when you drain the system to install the lines (if you do) then when you refill you will not have enough pressure to activate the spring for the speed bleeder to work. Better to change the lines, bleed, then change to Speed Bleeders and bleed again - buy some Castrol SRF - expensive but worth it - will last past a ViperDays weekend without having to bleed during the event (Even if my better half goes through a set of Brakeman #4s....). I'm lazy, would rather do all the work at home and be able to relax between run sessions at the track...

Enjoy!

Geoff Green

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What is the advantage of the speed bleeders over having a clear hose that runs from the top of the stock bleeder and into a container of brake fluid? You are unable to **** any air into the system this way either. You still need a hose from the speed bleeders, but don't need the container of brake fluid for it to go into. Maybe I am missing something.

John Moore

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The speed bleeder has a spring loaded ball valve that is unidirectional preventing expelled brake fluid from moving back into the caliper as you release the brake pedal. In essence it will let you brainlessly pump away at your brake pedal without anyone watching to see if air is getting in and very rapidly at that. Because every stroke is nearly 100% expelled fluid with practically nothing going back through the valve, the process is really quite efficient. Single handedly, with a colored fluid you could easily change your complete brake system's fluid out in less than 30 minutes. They're cheap too.

Sonny 00 GTS ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Back to the stainless steel brakelines. I can imagine the advantage for the track,and possibly for the street as well. I am curious however, as to why they wouldn't be standard equipment on say, an ACR. Is it cost, street pedal feel, or some other negative that keeps DC from offering the lines as original equipment? Anyone care to comment?

Thanks

Viperrick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The reason why braided lines do not come from factory on high perf. cars is that federal regulations require brake hoses to pass something called a "Whip test". I can not remember if the spokesperson I talked to said that the SS lines can't pass it, or if it was too expensive to test for. Although SS lines look cool and are functional for track use, they are not as dependable for years of trouble free driving as the rubber lines are.

Double Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just a quick note here. "EARL'S" is just one producer of the SS lines. Lot of other manufacturers out there such as "Russell" but "Earl's" is the only one that I know of that are DOT approved. If anyone receives the "Jeg's" or "Summitt" catalog, you will find them listed.

Back to my corner - Merry H0-H0 everyone!
DV