Startech Wheels

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know that they are very limited since they cost so much and they are only available from Germany. I think there is one shop in Newport that imports them. I believe it is CRD or something like that. I have only seen one Viper with them, and they were on a GEN II. I think they retail for almost $10,000 with tires and between you and me, I think there are lots of better looking wheels under that price range. Heck, you can custom make HRE's for less. Either way, good luck with your search and choice.

OP
OP
G

gtsviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the post F355.....I had a set on my yellow Gen II and loved the way they looked. Just my taste. They are definitely very heavy and cruise only wheels and way over priced. Would like to find someone selling a used set if I can.

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Theres someone selling them on this forum or on the alley. hes been trying ot get rid of them for a while now I think he has them chromed as well. Look back at one of the threads from a guy in Vancouver that has startechs I think he posted in there that he is selling.

SRT10_SWISS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
gtsviper,

Startech wheels are from Schmidt Revolution Wheels in Germany.

The startechs are way overprized! please contact the Schmidt company directly for a definitely much better prize and service.

I'm sure somebody from the viperclub germany would be happy to help you.

Please check their HP : Schmidt Revolution

Good luck! :)

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the post F355.....I had a set on my yellow Gen II and loved the way they looked. Just my taste. They are definitely very heavy and cruise only wheels and way over priced. Would like to find someone selling a used set if I can.

No problem. Good luck with your search

OP
OP
G

gtsviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Guys.....Ricky...the guy on the Alley seemed to be looking for Startechs, not selling them. Swiss....I believe that the Schmidt wheels are different than the Startechs. Ronal is the manufacturer of the Startech wheels and they were sold exclusively thru Brabus under the Startech brand. Brabus has entered into a marketing agreement in the US with CEC and they are no longer selling the wheels.
Andy

Larry Macedo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I spoke Albert and Jim @ Brabus/CEC and they have not bothered to call back regarding the Startech Wheels.

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I called the importer in California regarding the roll bar hoops - no response either.

J Dolphin 12

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have the Startechs on my 2000 Rt-10. I've had many clients looking for them, and have exhausted all possibilities in aquiring additional sets. According to Brabus, and Startech Germany, they are NO LONGER available. I have considered selling them, as I might be helping to promote another line. It's too bad that they are not available, as I continue to get compliments everywhere I go. Great wheels!

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dug up the thread just gtsviper lol :eek:

For those who love these StarTech wheels I have a set I am willing to sell for an unbeatable price. As Dallas will likely tell you all, unless the pricing has changed - these rims run $10k + for a set with tires direct from Startech in Germany.

I would be willing to let my set which I have being chromed go for $5k. Since they are just being refinished they will be flawless.

One thing I can tell you is that when I had these on my ACR and took it to the track the car stuck like glue and blew me away. I had Ron with SVS driving my car with me shotgun and we blew everything off the track at the Autobahn in Joliet Illinois when we ran - these things are massive.

On the ACR the rims were just a TAD too wide and stuck out of the wheel well in front just a tad too much for my liking. They also were heavier than the superlight BBS that come on the ACR and changed my gearing too much for my taste going from the 18" to 19/20". As far as looks they are incredible and even better in Chrome.

Seeing how well they fit on the SRT I am having second thoughts about selling these and thinking they might fit nicely on my 06 Coupe, eliminate needing to lower it and be a good balance with it's extra grip even though they are heavier since my car now has too much power with the supercharger I have on it. I just dont know if I want to change the look of the first edition package as the new 06 5 stars as sweet rims as well.

Any thoughts and or buyers for the Startechs may help me make my mind up.

link to thread: http://www4.forum.viperclub.org/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB21&Number=685119&Forum=UBB21&Words=vancouver&Match=Entire%20Phrase&Searchpage=0&Limit=250&Old=3weeks&Main=684539&Search=true#Post685119

I knew I saw them for sale and not wanted :smirk: If I didn't already have my HRE's at 5k I'd be all over these for sure!!

Ricky :2tu:

unreelviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just ordered mine about a month ago from Brabus-USA for my 04 Mamba and I believe I got one of the last sets. They advised me that they can't even get a center cap if you lose the cap...so be careful if you own a set of Startech"s.

OP
OP
G

gtsviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys....we tracked down reps from the company and they said they could bring in a set for me for about 15k. I asked if that came with a bj but they said no so I passed.
A reasonably priced used set for a Gen 3 is more what I had in mind.

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just ordered mine about a month ago from Brabus-USA for my 04 Mamba and I believe I got one of the last sets. They advised me that they can't even get a center cap if you lose the cap...so be careful if you own a set of Startech"s.

Get Lee or Tony to fix your Avatar Mike. You got the new ride on the road yet? Or are you still waiting for parts?

unreelviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
John, I'm still waiting on parts, hopefully, It will only be about another week...Thanks, I will p.m. Lee with a picture of my car when I get it back so that I can change my avatar

OP
OP
G

gtsviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I sent Crazy1 an email to see if he was interested in selling but I haven't heard back from him yet. I don't know if his wheels are for the Gen 3 SRT. If not, they won't fit.
Thanks for the lead.

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I was looking for a GTS to buy, there was a radar detector company that had a steel gray GTS on the cover of their brochure with Star Tech wheels. I though they looked FANTASTIC and added the cost of the wheels to what I’d need to own the Viper.

Then I called Startech and found out that the wheels with the custom made tires that would be a $12k up grade. So now I’m a 18” oem fan:)

2005 Silver SRT/10
2000 Steel Gray GTS (sold)

SRT10_SWISS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I found one nice pic from a last Year car show.

8794pict_679_mit_logo.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960