Steering Issue

BlkViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi All,

I have something to run by everyone. I have an '04 and when I drive, it seems to have a super "stiff" handling. What I mean by that is, for example, when I get onto the interstate and traveling around 70-80mph, the car seems to "catch" real bad and has a slingshot effect whenever I change lanes or just drive straight. Feels like it is catching every little groove in the road.

With that said, I have driven my buddies' '01 and a '03 and they both don't "grab" as hard. It is almost like I am having to "fight" the car from slingshotting me.

Now I had a Vipertech drive it and he says it does "feel" a little stiff and that maybe the tow isnt aligned properly? One thing I should state is that the fronts do have the stock runcraps on them, would that cause this bad of a ride?

Just dont want to drop $$$ for something that doesnt NEED to be done.

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
04 original tires may be 03's also...too old anyway!

New tires (4 same tires!) and a good alignment (not aggressive) is a MUST

fqberful

Enthusiast
Reaction score
An alignment by somebody that actually knows what they are doing will fix it. I have an 06 coupe and it used to do the same thing. A couple very small tweaks and it's a lot different. Best $35 I ever spent.

fqberful

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There's an old timer that's local here in Lakeland, really knows his stuff. Little hole in the wall shop. Amazing guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang