Steering Issue

BlkViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi All,

I have something to run by everyone. I have an '04 and when I drive, it seems to have a super "stiff" handling. What I mean by that is, for example, when I get onto the interstate and traveling around 70-80mph, the car seems to "catch" real bad and has a slingshot effect whenever I change lanes or just drive straight. Feels like it is catching every little groove in the road.

With that said, I have driven my buddies' '01 and a '03 and they both don't "grab" as hard. It is almost like I am having to "fight" the car from slingshotting me.

Now I had a Vipertech drive it and he says it does "feel" a little stiff and that maybe the tow isnt aligned properly? One thing I should state is that the fronts do have the stock runcraps on them, would that cause this bad of a ride?

Just dont want to drop $$$ for something that doesnt NEED to be done.

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
04 original tires may be 03's also...too old anyway!

New tires (4 same tires!) and a good alignment (not aggressive) is a MUST

fqberful

Enthusiast
Reaction score
An alignment by somebody that actually knows what they are doing will fix it. I have an 06 coupe and it used to do the same thing. A couple very small tweaks and it's a lot different. Best $35 I ever spent.

fqberful

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There's an old timer that's local here in Lakeland, really knows his stuff. Little hole in the wall shop. Amazing guy.