Stock Manifolds +Roe Supercharger?

Chris23120

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I recently purchased a Roe Supercharger for my 2000gts. I already have smooth tubes/filters, corsa cat back, random tech cats. I am planning on running the 6.5 pully, with water/**** injection, 170 degree therm, and msd plug wires. My car currently dynos 430rwhp/475tq. Can i install the roe without adding a set of headers or will i be leaving a considerable amount of power on the table? I am pretty happy with my current exhaust and after having put on and taken back off a set of Borla headers i would rather not do it again unless im giving up 30+ hp. I just really hated the way my car sounded with the Borla's. Any thoughts on this would be appreciated, also if i do need to add headers what would be a good set for my combination?

mbccenter

Legacy Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I do think you are leaving some easy HP on the table without having headers. What do you have the the rest of the exhaust? You can make a car quiet with headers with the right mufflers. I have not dynoed a Roe without headers but have done alot with.

00prowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chris, Welcome to the board...I ran my 96 GTS for 2 years with stock manifolds and high flow cats only with no problems...I have since added headers and 3 inch back all the way...didnt notice much seat of pants feel but it sure got louder...PS...I was putting down 620RWHP with 10lb pulley and **** injection with the stock manifolds!! Hope that helps...AL

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My 98 GTS ran 598rwhp/644rwtq with stock manifolds, Hi Flow cats and Random Tech exhaust. Only other thing was a modified airbox and smooth tubes. Roe 8# with water/mth inj.

My '01 GTS has a Roe 10#, Larry Macedo custom airbox, headers, Corsa, TB's, cam 1.7 rockers, 9-1 forged pistons and water/**** injection and makes 720rwhp.

My 98 sounded better. The 01 is extremely loud over 2,000 or WOT.
You must be registered for see images

The 98 had serious traction problems with the Gen 3 tires.

Ted

z76232

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's the way I'm going to go. At least for awhile. I'm going to use the header money for a alum radiator and dual fan. Tired of the GTS running 210 degrees all the time. Can't wait to get the Roe. Been saving for months. Almost there. :)

00prowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alan's performance makes an awesome aluminum radiator for your car and has the late model fans too....It is an exact replacement radiator and fits and installs nicely...AL

Mr Hemi Head

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chris I ran a 5lb Roe with stock headers and cats on my 2001 GTS for about 1 year. After installing the Belanger headers and cats the car is louder and it pulls harder above 4500rpm.

Installed the 6.5lb pulley and W/M later which improved low end performance.

mbccenter

Legacy Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I had M&M headers, 10lb , Borla cat back w/ high flow cats. The car was not loud at normal driving. When I got on it that was another story. I now have Greg Good heads and cam. This seem to realy increase the noise at normal driving. I think running high flow cats will cut the sound down alot.