Stock Speaker Sizes

jackson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I searched and found lots of threads about speakers. Sorry, but I did not see what the stock speaker sizes for a 2000 RT/10 are. I believe that the door speakers are 5 1/4" - is this right? What size is the speaker between the seats?

In many of the threads, people talked about cutting out the door hole a little so they could fit 6.5" speakers. Definitely an option, but I would rather leave all the holes untouched.

Thanks guys.

V10 MOJO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yes to both. minor amount of modifying the ports can allow doors to accept 6.5 and mid rear is 6.5 as well without modifying the port. i did it and they came out fine.

OP
OP
J

jackson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys.

Is the rear 6.5" speaker a subwoofer only, or does it have full range? What type have you guys put in? Thanks for the help.

Snake Bitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Thanks guys.

Is the rear 6.5" speaker a subwoofer only, or does it have full range? What type have you guys put in? Thanks for the help.

The rear speaker runs "full range" from the factory, but when you go aftermarket, replace it with a 6.5" sub and get either an active or passive crossover... I used all Kicker replacement speakers...

Jon-Mike

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Thanks guys.

The rear from the factory is a sub (albeit one that is fairly a weak speaker). In fact, the factory setup sends only lows to the back speaker (ie has a built in crossover). You can verify this by fading your stock setup to the rear and turning up the volume! If you were to replace the rear speaker with a full range speaker, only lows are passed.

Many have seen a noticeable increase in sound and clarity (especially relative to the cost) by replacing the factory speakers with aftermarket 5 1/4 in the front and a 6 1/2 sub in rear (for RT/10).