Stock stereo.......*****? NO WAY!

BUD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks to whoever posted about the fade +4 trick. That and bass at +7 and treble at +1 made Queen's "Another One Bites The Dust vibrate from my garage to an upstairs bedroom. I was gonna get a new system. Not any more!

MaxedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BUD:
Thanks to whoever posted about the fade +4 trick. That and bass at +7 and treble at +1 made Queen's "Another One Bites The Dust vibrate from my garage to an upstairs bedroom. I was gonna get a new system. Not any more!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I'll try that myself.

thanks,
Max

OP
OP
B

BUD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MaxedGTS:
Originally posted by BUD:

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I'll try that myself.

thanks,
Max
Great! Post your opinion, too.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DRBacon:
What? These things have radios in them? I might have to check that out.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Post your findings please.

I'll check 97 and 98 to see if they came with radios.

Maybe we should start a fact sheet on what years they wasted money, time and effort for these radio things.

OP
OP
B

BUD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The option code was UWWITTM

(Use When Wife IS Talking Too Much)

Vipers also come with a sixth gear!

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chuck 98 RT/10:
Post your findings please.

I'll check 97 and 98 to see if they came with radios.

Maybe we should start a fact sheet on what years they wasted money, time and effort for these radio things.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nasty 10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I only had my Viper 2 weeks before I removed the stock system. I'll post pics in a few days of my set up
cool.gif

S

SUN RA KAT

I found if the bass is more than +3 the speakers distort too much if the stereo is turned up much so I have mine set at +3 bass and 0 treble. Even then, the system distorts enough to be irritating if it is turned up as loud as I'd like it to be, but I found out that if I have it as loud as I want it to be then I can't hear sirens of emergency vehicles so I don't turn it up real loud, just loud.

BTW - The stereo (best factory Infinity system) in my 2000 Dodge Ram sounds better than my Viper stereo, and it has AM/FM, CD, AND cassette.

Steve 00RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Bose Gold system in our '95 Eldorado ETC runs circles around the stock Alpine system. There is absolutely no comparison. I question why they didn't put a better system in such an expensive car. Because of the poor sound quality at volume(and because our car is quite loud)we don't have it on much. In the 2200 mile Nashville run, I think we had the radio/CD on for no more than a few hours. Most of the time, I'd rather hear the Belangers at WOT.

Steve

OP
OP
B

BUD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Try the fade +4. Maybe my 35 year old ears don't need it as loud as I used to. You can only crank Lawrence Welk so loud. <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SUN RA KAT:
I found if the bass is more than +3 the speakers distort too much if the stereo is turned up much so I have mine set at +3 bass and 0 treble. Even then, the system distorts enough to be irritating if it is turned up as loud as I'd like it to be, but I found out that if I have it as loud as I want it to be then I can't hear sirens of emergency vehicles so I don't turn it up real loud, just loud.

BTW - The stereo (best factory Infinity system) in my 2000 Dodge Ram sounds better than my Viper stereo, and it has AM/FM, CD, AND cassette.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I moved the fad to +3 (forward) and it IS better! (Thanks BUD!) I also upgraded just the front speakers and the system is markedly improved.

But I just don't get the $1,000+ stereo upgrade to begin with...guess it's cause I'm old (over 40)
laugh.gif
, drive a roadster and I like to hear the car...at least a bit. I figure that if you're gonna spend all that on a stereo you had better spend the same on noise insulation or its a waste. Just MHO
smile.gif