STOPTECH big brake package

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wanted to thank JonB for the most wonderful packages waiting for me today! Great service, quick shipment, and by FAR the best price I could find anywhere for everything I got!

Kit inclued 6 piston fronts/4 piston rears, e brake, aero rotors, Motul 600 brake fluid, ss lines, and brake pads.

I decided I was tired of being frustrated with the stock brakes and go for the big boys.

DSCN1655.JPG

DSCN1656.JPG

aero rotors
DSCN1660.JPG

Check this out, pic of stock front GenII calipers next to my REAR calipers, then the FRONTS....my heart stopped when I opened the box haha! Now my Viper will too:)

3_calipers.JPG

Last edited:

02 Graphite GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Leslie,
You are gonna love those huge front calipers !
I have to admit that the install on this kit was very straightforward, extremely well thought out and relatively easy to do. We started at 7:00 and we were completely done 12:30.

Lance

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Way to go. Don't forget wthat we're waiting for a report on the effectiveness of all those brake pistons.

Last edited:

REDSLED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't forget the fresh rubber to match the brakes. Your brakes are only as good as the tire's ability to grip the road. Stoptech makes great equipment.

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:omg: Their monsters!!! Run for the hills! Congrats on getting those :) Yes, we want a FULL report on performance please, are you going to do a stage by stage photo install for us too :)

I hope it all goes well for you :2tu:
Mark
UK

OP
OP
L

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yeh these are my jewelry for sure:)

I think I used them as pillows to sleep on last night haha

searching for wheels and tires too:) I am pretty happy with the PS2's for overall driving ability since I don't trailer to the track.

HLN A55

Viper Owner
Reaction score
good question!

I have GenIII fronts too
Are they the black ones? If you're looking to get rid of them, let me know as I would like to go the DBB route.

I would have loved to jump in on the Stoptech sale, but it was just too much at one time. Glad to see you went with black!

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks Leslie! MoPar Boy, yours is shipped as well......and a few more.

We did buy 2 extra kits so we might still have the sale price. The year matters.

We are not allowed to publish the price.

JonB@PartsRack,com

OP
OP
L

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought the install of this kit was actually fun.

awsome, I will let Cash84 know 'cause he's putting mine on for me:D

I will have some brake parts to sell once the snow melts and I can get my car to Jeff's garage.

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
awsome, I will let Cash84 know 'cause he's putting mine on for me:D

I will have some brake parts to sell once the snow melts and I can get my car to Jeff's garage.

Just a little tip. Some of the pictures of the opening in the bridge of the ST40 rear caliper does not agree with some of the figures/diagrams (its inverted and does not agree with the directions).

When installing the bridge on the ST40 calipers (rear), the air scoop (the actual hole itself) needs to be in the bottom of the bridge. Easiest way to think of it is airflow will exit the rotor in the same direction of wheel rotation, so the air will exit the bridge through the opening/hole near the bottom. Stoptech and JonB have excellent customer service!

SSSSE YA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Leslie,
You are gonna love those huge front calipers !
I have to admit that the install on this kit was very straightforward, extremely well thought out and relatively easy to do. We started at 7:00 and we were completely done 12:30.

Lance

Lance and Leslie, I think the rears make a bigger difference in stopping over the front calipers. The stock rear single piston is a bad joke, the weakest link on the Viper in my option.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Lance and Leslie, I think the rears make a bigger difference in stopping over the front calipers. The stock rear single piston is a bad joke, the weakest link on the Viper in my option.

Soun like you bin drinkin the Tommy Brakehama KoolAide dere mister lance?
Meee Too!

If you cannot budget a BBK, get da TommyH rear Calipers Gen toooooooo

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Those little tiny rear calipers only came on the early Gen 2s the 2001s came with larger caliper pistons that Tom's upgrade. The line pressure is controlled by the ABS computer not a proportioning valve as well.

On the earlier Gen 1 and >2000 Gen 2s I will agree with you.

Ted

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Leslie, did you sell the B#3 fronts? Poop.

Tiny calipers.... maybe I need a new name. Chuck 98RT/10 once commented "Tom's Rear" didn't sound appealing. Mighty Mouse! Underdog! GoodThingsComeInSmallPackages!

OP
OP
L

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Leslie, did you sell the B#3 fronts? Poop.

Tiny calipers.... maybe I need a new name. Chuck 98RT/10 once commented "Tom's Rear" didn't sound appealing. Mighty Mouse! Underdog! GoodThingsComeInSmallPackages!

yeh I had a new set of B 3's I sold. I THINK I have a set of gently used front B 3's...lemme check.

Last edited:

LS6 Molester

Viper Owner
Reaction score
those look great!

makes me want to order a 6piston front set. i had a question. if i already have the 4 piston fronts can i put them in the rear? or will i have to buy a whole new package?

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
New package.....the 4-piston fronts are not a balanced rear caliper for the 6-piston fronts, and the brackets wont relocate. I emailed you a more-detailed answer and options

Last edited:

NI-KA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The StopTechs sure are monsters. Got mine from JonB as well. Way to go Jon :headbang:

I have a front SRT Big Brake kit that I am replacing with the StopTechs complete with Stainless Steel Brake lines all around.

I expect to be putting the SRT Big Brake kit up for sale once I get everything on the car completed.

96GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got a set a while back from JonB too, and it was a great investment for an even better price. I had to install a new mounting bracket which required cutting off the old tabs. When my wife walked out and saw me taking a reciprocating saw to my car she used words I had never heard come out of her mouth before to question what I was doing. Everything worked out, the service was great and I was/am still very pleased with the brakes.

LS6 Molester

Viper Owner
Reaction score
New package.....the 4-piston fronts are not a balanced rear caliper for the 6-piston fronts, and the brackets wont relocate. I emailed you a more-detailed answer and options

Thanks Jon I received it. Once I get a buyer lined up for my current fronts ill contact you for a new package.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456