Straight Through Cats

Sennahnamrecken

Enthusiast
Reaction score
3400 N. Ocean Dr. West Palm Beach FL 33404
I am considering straight through cats for my 2008 SRT 10. As recommended, these are supposed to lower the exhaust temperature.
I decided against a Borla exhaust and do not need more HP. My mechanic asks, how much is involved with these so called "bolt on" cats to install, and where can I buy them. Any help would be appreciated.

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
I think those might also be called "test pipes". They are basically just a pipe between the header and muffler with no cats whatsoever. You might try searching that and see if you get any better results.

hlieber50

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Remember that in ALL STATES that is illegal. In states with emission testing you won't be allowed to drive the car on the street. It would be considered "off road or racing only" Either way it's still ILLEGAL.

TexasViper35

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Remember that in ALL STATES that is illegal. In states with emission testing you won't be allowed to drive the car on the street. It would be considered "off road or racing only" Either way it's still ILLEGAL.
Florida doesn’t have state inspection so that’s not an issue; I suppose there is a very tiny risk of an overzealous state trooper but it’s infinitesimal.

I think in this case it’s just his personal choice, and it’s just one Viper, it’s not as though half of his town is doing it. The car will sound amazing, but the exhaust will smell absolutely horrific and he won’t be able to let it idle in the garage for more than a minute at most. There are better ways to get performance and sound enhancements than removing the cats from a car as modern and sophisticated as this. I wouldn’t do it unless the car was dedicated to track only use.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
"Straight Through Cats" is a misnomer.

The exhaust stream goes 'straight thru" all cats. I think you mean "NO CATS" or catless test pipes. Your 08 Sidepiper will be LOUD and STINKY. 8+ Litres of stink in your hair and clothes every 2 RPMs..... Ratty and back-fire poppy.

Our Bolt-On HiFlow cats are just that. E-Z P-Z , no cut, no weld. Your mechanic has nothing to fear. Sills and footwell at least 100f COOLER!
Crisper throttle.... No Stink, nice burble vs poppy backfire. Search many happy buyers vids on YouTube
Thanks

[email protected]

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets