Strange rattle........

David Jenkins

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There's an aluminum bushing up on the pedal assembly that may be causing the noise. It's very common. I don't know what that guy e-mailed you, but let me know if you need to fix it.dj

Jerry Scott[CO]

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The rattle is likely coming from the adjustable pedals. All three of them rattle when you have the adjustment anywhere between the extreme limits of the adjustment. If you are at the ends of the adjustment of the pedals, only the accellerator pedal will rattle. A fix that will help is to put a rubber band over the knee of the mechanism and slide it down to where the cable goes through the firewall. I made the band out of a mountain bike inner tube, cutting it 3/4 in. wide.

OP
OP
C
Reaction score
Rascal.......did you receive my e-mail? Wiggle the gas pedal up and down slightly to see the play in the adjuster track. Slip a heavy duty rubber band(double over if too large)over the pedal, and slide it up over the pedal arm and adjuster track. This holds the arm and track together to prevent rattle. It doesn't affect accelerator movement at all. The linkage only slides in the track when adjusting the pedal assembly, so adjust the pedals where you like then install the rubber band. You can still adjust the pedals at anytime, which will just stretch the band. Good luck.

Chuck