stripe pics

Capt Van

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They are the full GTS stripes.

Not really. The GTS stripes are straight, same width but the GTS stripes on an SRT hood are tapered. Here is a picture of mine the taper is about 4" if I remember

You must be registered for see images attach

Here it is on the line, you can see it a little better

From the rear

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

Chelseasnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
do you have a few more outside from the front? its sad we have to get an owner to take pics for us when srt should have some for us to make up our minds. thanks for the pics. i know srt was holding back some orders cause the hoods were going on the ta cars.

purenxs

Enthusiast
Reaction score
do you have a few more outside from the front? its sad we have to get an owner to take pics for us when srt should have some for us to make up our minds. thanks for the pics. i know srt was holding back some orders cause the hoods were going on the ta cars.

You make a very good point because the 1st thing I notice when I go to the DriveSRTViper site, you notice how limited it is vs other auto makers configurators. You can't configure an Aero pkg, exterior CF, for example and no configurator for the interior. Also there's no search for the exact interior/exterior Viper you are looking for (like Porsche).

I'm not complaining just saying that you should give the customer a great feel for the product configurations, especially when you're asking 100k on up! Mercedes Benz is a great example, and Ferrari has the best I've looked at. Corvette is OK, but the color images are way off, especially the stripes. At the very least SRT can put up picks of the various color combinations coming off the line, in a gallery.

Capt Van

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Here is a couple more. It's kind of hard to see the taper but it looks cool to me. The center yellow stripe is the same width all the way the taper is from the windshield to the nose.I had heard that they were no longer going to offer the stripes on a GTS with SRT hood but you never know. I will say that I like the SRT hood a lot better, reminds me of my ACR and to me looks more aggressive. I'll go out and do a measurement and post it, if it warms up, only going up to about 60 today but at least no snow. :headbang:

Capt Van

Enthusiast
Reaction score
why the blue tape in the last pic?

I took delivery without PDI and like to do it myself. I was in the middle of clay bar and light polishing so I tape everythig off, just to be on the safe side.

Here is a close up of the stripes

At the windshield

At the nose

OP
OP
C

Chelseasnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks for the pics. so far this is the only one we know of so far?. might be 1 of 1 . if hope we can still order this option, i like it.

Capt Van

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks for the pics. so far this is the only one we know of so far?. might be 1 of 1 . if hope we can still order this option, i like it.

I did see a white with black stripes being built while I was there. I was told a couple weeks ago that I have the only yellow black one. I don't think there are very many of us out there. I already got a couple comments like why did you stick GTS badges on an STR? I ask when was the last time you saw a SRT with full stripes.

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I took delivery without PDI and like to do it myself. I was in the middle of clay bar and light polishing so I tape everythig off, just to be on the safe side.

Here is a close up of the stripes

At the windshield

At the nose

Great looking car. Unlike possibly everyone else, I noticed the ruler. Is that Bernina as in the Sewing machines? Are you a dealer?

Capt Van

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great looking car. Unlike possibly everyone else, I noticed the ruler. Is that Bernina as in the Sewing machines? Are you a dealer?

No I'm not a dealer but it is the sewing machine, good eye. I bought my wife one a couple years ago as she is an avid quilter, but it is funny that is says "Does your machine measure up". When I gave it to her I said I have a couple hot rods it's time you had one. Bernina is kind of the Viper of the sewing machine crowd.

I'm very proud of Karen, she has traveled around the world on cruise ships as an invited lecturer on quilts and teddy bears. She has won many awards.

OP
OP
C

Chelseasnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i just checked , and we can still order these stripes on the gts 6 vent hood.

OP
OP
C

Chelseasnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i am thinking of getting a red with white stripes, or a stryker green. but i dont think the green can be ordered with stripes.

SADVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I expected to capt van car here, but I expected alot of other cars but apparently nothing is out of GTS stripes on SRT hood!

Capt Van

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I expected to capt van car here, but I expected alot of other cars but apparently nothing is out of GTS stripes on SRT hood!

Part of there not being very many is, possibly, a lot of others thought stabbing us an additional $500 for something they already slap on another car was...well...repulsive, hell it was to me, but I'm not sorry I did I love the look of the hood. But, hey that's me.

Like I said before, I know that there is at least one other out there white with black stripes, I saw it going together when I was at CAAP.

I know these are real crappy pictures but it was tough to get a better shot. I'm not possitive but I think this one may have been going across the pond but I can't swear to it. :dunno:

SADVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agreed Cap, the way they added this extra charge after listening to fans is shambolic. Could it be harder paint process? I don't think so.
That one looks senister though! I like the menacing look of the vents and wide stripes. #trademark
I hope I'll have it that way someday

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Liberty235