Stripes.. Aldans... and a different approach to exhaust...

Compensating

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello all.. been traveling again so sorry for not posting in a while..

Finally got my stripes done.. yes there vinyl.. they turned out much better than expected!!

Got my aldans on.. and slammed it finally... no more 4X4

Alright so here goes!!!! all you flamers get ready!! :cuss: (ok so that did not sound right..)

So I kinda have been playing around with my exhaust.. already have a corsa on it and the rear cans have already came apart internally... :confused:

Had a buddy of mine weld me up a flowmaster 40 series.. (go ahead and flame me).. it sounds great though... very deep.. and very very mean!

So here is the part where I get the hate mail.. The one thing I have always disliked about GTS's is how the exhaust turns down at the rear...

well before you embark on your quest to bash me.. I did a little "body modification".. and it tuned out great.. at least I think..

So my rear bumper already has the classis viper heat warp to it.. So I decided to get rid of the small cross section under the exhaust tips! (runs and hides..)

Here some pics..

see the viper heat sag???...

You must be registered for see images attach

cut down the middle... no turning back now!!!!

all cleaned up... ready for paint..

Bent the cross brace up and made a new bumper cover mount out of it..

exhaust that I had fabbed up...

its on and straight!!!

Last edited:

00SVTdubs

Enthusiast
Reaction score
not bad, it actually looks good. Im curious to hear a flowmaster on a 10cyl car... post up a sound clip when you can! Nice job though!

KepRght

Enthusiast
Reaction score
do the two pipes merge inside, or stay separate? interested to hear the sound

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i always wonderd how those would sound on a viper...

and i think it looks a lot better to be honest. way to go. now lets hear it

OP
OP
C

Compensating

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks for the input!! I always liked the way that gallardo's and murci's looked..

I figured I would get attacked not only for cutting up the bumper.. but for using a "hillbilly" flowmaster..

I will get a sound clip up tomorrow when I get my camera back..

its actually pretty quiet on the inside... but outside its a pretty deep "hollow" tone.. with a touch of "rasp" under throttle.. of course I have had straight pipes for about 6 months so just about anything to me sounds quiet.. but the 2-3000rpm drone is gone.. and the low idle buck believe it or not has calmed down a bit.

Yes the pipes do merge inside so no cross-over was needed..

Thanks for not calling me a ricer!! :)

Last edited:

KepRght

Enthusiast
Reaction score
flowmasters (2/3 chamber) on a small block v8 is the best sound. period the end. not hillbilly

PittsburghRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had the two chamber Flowmaster system without cats on my 5.0 Mustang and it sounded great. I 'm curious to hear a Flowmaster on a V10. Sound clip please.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
.....already have a corsa on it and the rear cans have already came apart internally.....
I figured I would get attacked not only for cutting up the bumper.. but for using a "hillbilly" flowmaster....I will get a sound clip up tomorrow when I get my camera back..
Thanks for not calling me a ricer!! :)

I have had numerous Flowmasters, including my Hemi-Rams and Dakotas, and soon to go on Charger Daytona R/T. No rice, no Deliverance Music.

NOTE: THE CORSA HAS A LIFETIME WARRANTY!! SEND IT TO CORSA (if you have a receipt.......or your Vendor does.) The warranty-refurbished Corsa has VALUE.

EXHAUST OUTLET WARPING-WAFFLING: We have a great stainless steel frame that trims and flattens the rear-outlet warping. (Wont work here) but would dress up and fix that problem the rest of you have. Comes with a GREAT water-jet VIPER Plaque from the cutout hole. Please take a look? $124 on our site. http://partsrack.blastmart.com/customer/product.php?productid=1573&cat=&page=1

Last edited:

trainville

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Good on you for trying something new! It looks great. Kinda mean with the 'straight out' look. If I hadn't just put on RandomTech exhaust, I would be following suit - she looks awesome. And for the 32nd time, we need sound clips!

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks good.

I wonder if you'll have any problems with air getting under that rear body work now. I could see those side pieces getting pulled down at high speeds.

Looks great though.

OP
OP
C

Compensating

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks good.

I wonder if you'll have any problems with air getting under that rear body work now. I could see those side pieces getting pulled down at high speeds.

Looks great though.

good point.. already thought of that.. notice the third pic or so where I bent the cross brace up on each side and made brackets to support the bumper..

thanks to all for the input!!

sound clips are here : http://forums.viperclub.org/showthread.php?t=601451

sss620

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where did you get the aldans ?? cost ? What are the spring rates ? front and back? And how is the ride with the aldan coilovers compared to the stock ???

yellow02

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So your pipes are no longer routed thru the side sills? ...if thats the case i would love to get sills that match the hood/doors, with the scoop following thru the sills.