stripes on srt 10

Frank17

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can some please post some pictures of the double stripes on a srt 10. I need front and rear shots please.
Also I have been to a couple of paint shops on Long Island, can someone recommend a Long Island Painter.
Thanks

B767DRIVER

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Here are a few. If you need more from different angles let me know.

You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
F

Frank17

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks, that car looks fantastic, now if someone from Long Island can recommend a custom painter.
Thanks

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Frank-Be aware the stripes are tapered. On my 06, they are about 8 1/8 at the front edge of the hood, 8 1/2 at rear edge of hood and 9 at the spoiler. Constant 4 inch between the stripes. Good luck; the stripes add a lot, in my opinion.

voi9

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Frank-Be aware the stripes are tapered. On my 06, they are about 8 1/8 at the front edge of the hood, 8 1/2 at rear edge of hood and 9 at the spoiler. Constant 4 inch between the stripes. Good luck; the stripes add a lot, in my opinion.
Smog Dog is right. I went out and measured mine and they are tapered to the exact measurements as he stated. I wonder if this is done to prove that a car has factory painted stripes as opposed to non-factory painted stripes. Measurements also taper from front to back as the stripes go over the top of the coupe. :dunno:

OP
OP
F

Frank17

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks all, I can see that I want them I just need a painter.....

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would think they are tapered in order to visually enhance the width of the rear.

OP
OP
F

Frank17

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had spoken to Chuck when I was up there. His guy was firm on $4,500.00. I thought that might be a bit much.
I would like somthing closer to home, but that may be my only choice.

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here are a few. If you need more from different angles let me know.

Is it the camera angle or are your stripes off about an 1/8th of an inch from the fascia to the hood. Mine were off the same way, and I had to re-align the hood. I called the guy from pre-fix that painted the stripes and he said that he painted them correctly but it looked to him like the fascia bolts were loose and shifted. After we discussed how stupid that statement was, we disagreed about how everything he did was perfect and went downhill from there.

B767DRIVER

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It is the camera angle. My hood sits slightly below the rear edge of the facia. It might need to be adjusted up slightly. I'll take a look at some others and see how theirs fit.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery