Stripped Drive shaft bolts ! part number needed!

E_tar

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Was removing the 4 driveshaft bolts from the yoke just before the rear diff and I managed (with all my supreme skill) to strip 2 of the 4 bolts. Had to remove them with bolt extraction kit..

Question is, what is the part number for these bolts? are they metric or US?
the bolt size is 5/16ths and is a six point.

many thanks
-Chris..

LifeIsGood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From my 2001 Mopar Viper Parts Catalog...

Bolt, Hex Flange Head, M8x1.0x19
Part number: 06502 581 - $5.45 per bolt from the Dodge dealership

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
OR... you can put on a new diff yolk, and be done with those goofy bolts and straps forever.

They may as well sell them with round heads... 'cause that's the way they end up anyway!

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OR... you can put on a new diff yolk, and be done with those goofy bolts and straps forever.

They may as well sell them with round heads... 'cause that's the way they end up anyway!

And this new mystery "bolt-strap free" yolk comes with what to attach the u-joint?

Oh, it would be eggshells I guess, because yolk comes from eggs.

In other news, the bolts that go into the yoke should be clean and Loctite'd. Never had one round off, but then again, I wrench on eggshells :rolaugh:

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
And this new mystery "bolt-strap free" yolk comes with what to attach the u-joint?

Oh, it would be eggshells I guess, because yolk comes from eggs.

In other news, the bolts that go into the yoke should be clean and Loctite'd. Never had one round off, but then again, I wrench on eggshells :rolaugh:

They have a billet cap and use studs similar to a connecting rod configuration smartass, lol

And if you haven't rounded one off, then you haven't torqued to spec. So put down your beer and use both hands *****!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfal0003