subaru wants to race

stidriver

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hey im not a viper owner i admire the car alot and i mean no disrespect here. i have a 2005 subaru sti with some mods, and am very confident in it. i want to race a viper, i will race any of them in the san diego area, or palm springs. i dont wana run a viper that is on nos or turbo'd. i have no nos eigther. jus wanted to see if anybody was up for it ill do a run for some cash. ive never owned a performance car and i like my sti its one fast ass car. im willing to do one run for $200-$500 or best outa 3 if ud like from a dead stop or a roll. remeber guys 4cylenders are cool:) also just wanted to know your guys thoughts on sti's as well always wanted to know what viper drivers thought of my car, that is if you guys even know what it is, no disrespect its just not legendary like a viper.

OP
OP
S

stidriver

Enthusiast
Reaction score
o ya jus wanted to make it clear i said i wanted to hear what viper drivers thought of my car. i really would like to hear and i dont care if its negative, i dont care how bad anybody talks sht on my car its all good id like to hear opinions.

radta7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
www. viper alley.com
That would be the place to really find out and find someone in CA to run against.

Bad_Byte

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hey im not a viper owner i admire the car alot and i mean no disrespect here. i have a 2005 subaru sti with some mods, and am very confident in it. i want to race a viper, i will race any of them in the san diego area, or palm springs. i dont wana run a viper that is on nos or turbo'd. i have no nos eigther. jus wanted to see if anybody was up for it ill do a run for some cash. ive never owned a performance car and i like my sti its one fast ass car. im willing to do one run for $200-$500 or best outa 3 if ud like from a dead stop or a roll. remeber guys 4cylenders are cool:) also just wanted to know your guys thoughts on sti's as well always wanted to know what viper drivers thought of my car, that is if you guys even know what it is, no disrespect its just not legendary like a viper.

I was at willow springs last year and a young guy was there with his wrx and race gas. It was interesting. He was tuning in more boost and adding race gas. By the end of the weekend he was very nearly as fast as my old gen 1. I'd say he was a little more agile in the turns but not as fast in the straights.

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry but I have to ask...

Are you sure your old enough to drive?

If you are how did you manage to get past 6th grade?

OP
OP
S

stidriver

Enthusiast
Reaction score
im in 12th grade still. 6th was pretty damn tuf tho. bring the socal viper to diego bro.

OP
OP
S

stidriver

Enthusiast
Reaction score
im in 12th grade still. 6th was pretty damn tuf tho. bring the socal viper to diego bro.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
definitely Viper alley ...

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why dont you learn how to write first???

I'll give you a spanking you wount forget, straight or curvy roads.

I promise not to :D :D spray... :D :D :D

Catwood

Viper Owner
Reaction score
LOL...bring it out to Willowsprings on Nov 5th and 6th.

Leave the cash at home....I don't take candy from children.

Carl

KWIK96

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Perhaps he should go and "warm up" on a Z06 first?

This has the potential to be this years funiest thread...

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This scooby didnt run NOS but would still thrash a modded viper down the straight - 210mph :eek:

scary scooby

drag radials at 200 plus the guy must be crazy :cool:

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
which one are you??

7061Icy_Hot_Stuntaz-med.jpg

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
STI's are pretty nice Subaru's. Pretty quick, and good handling, but not in Viper territory.

This forum is not designed to call someone out, and street race. Just show up at Qualcomm and line up with some of the Vipers that hang out there. You will get your answer real quick.

Biggest issue is that Subaru spelled backwards is....U-R-A-BUS! (You are a bus.) Sorry.

Street racing is really getting cracked down on since so many people died last Summer. Cops will take your "bus" away.

Makara

Viper Owner
Reaction score
STI's are pretty nice Subaru's. Pretty quick, and good handling, but not in Viper territory.

This forum is not designed to call someone out, and street race. Just show up at Qualcomm and line up with some of the Vipers that hang out there. You will get your answer real quick.

Biggest issue is that Subaru spelled backwards is....U-R-A-BUS! (You are a bus.) Sorry.

Street racing is really getting cracked down on since so many people died last Summer. Cops will take your "bus" away.

My friend runs low 9s in his street STi and low 8s, soon to be 7s in his fast one. Watch out, there are a few running around that will make you look slooooooow.

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your "friend" Ali's car is far from a street car, from engine to driveline to extensive chopping inside and underneath the car. His car is fast but there are trully street vipers running his sort of times being actual street cars.

His race car "full tube chassis" is about as much a suburu as John Forces car a mustang.

For anyone that does not realize it he is refering to EZ street's STI's.

Makara

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The inside of the street car isn't chopped. I've driven the car, have you? Ali has thrown me the keys to a few cars that suprised the [******] out of me when I hit the gas. My point was to tell Paul that there are WRXs running around on the street that are in viper terratory and quicker. I'm sure you know far more about my friend's car than I :D but yes, the street car does see the streets.

BTW, why do you put quotes around "friend"? If you were wondering about the paint scheme, Ali paints all of his cars to match my Final Edition GTS, which I bought right around the time he started to get more serious about racing the scoobies.

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Makara,

I was at the chassis shop that was cutting the metal out...

I happen to know alot about imports, especialy ones that use to race me...

Or are going to be...

PS. I know he told me it matches his car well, ask him about his other viper friend who owns a supra and a civic.

Makara

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Which street car are you talking about? The one that Ali drove that was totaled in that horrible accident or the one that Julie drives? Maybe I'll run into you at the track.

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

You have to admit though, there are WRXs running around the streets that will eat a stockish viper alive. I'm a viper guy, no doubt, but I'm not living in a fantasy world either. Just because I'm in a viper at the light doesn't mean that the WRX next to me doesn't have a chance. I'd guess that the "prototype" would show more than a few vipers it's tail lights from a dig. Take away the final edition paint scheme and it is a stock looking streetable WRX that will embarase most guys behind the wheel of a viper.

You are right in saying that the viper has more potential. I never said it doesn't. Most vipers aren't close to their full potential and will get eaten alive by a subaru that is.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
played with a STI today on the highway. but not for long...:)

but they usually do suprise me more than most cars.

Catwood

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm still going to Willow this weekend. Got a bag full of left over candy.

I'm not even fast.....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte