Subject: 2006 Model Dodge Viper SRT10 - VOI.9 Edition Coupe

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here you go Boys & Girls, hot off the press:

To: All Dodge Dealers

Dodge is pleased to announce the new 2006 Dodge Viper VOI.9 Edition [ALZ].
This limited production model is available only on Viper SRT10 Coupes and includes the following:
>Stone white paint
>Dual blue stripes
>Car cover with dual stripes
>Five spoke WP6 wheels
>Two-tone black and blue interior
>Unique floor mats with blue embroidery

Dodge Viper VOI.9 Edition option pricing is as follows:
VOI.9 Edition [ALZ] MSRP $4995.00

Here is one I configured:

ZBDS29 $83,145
VOI.9 Edition $4995
Sirius Satellite Radio $195
Gas Guzzler Tax $3000
Destination $850

MSRP $92,185

If you would like one, I'm giving good VCA discounts! :cool:
Call for details.

Thank You!
914-763-3136

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
MoPar performance package will be done after purchase by Arrow. Vehicles will have to have a form signed off that the vehicle is for off road use only and the warranty will no longer exist. The cost will be $12,000 and the vehicle will be delivered to the Dealer complete ( different than original rumors that the Dealer would install ).

Respectfully,
Bill Pemberton
Woodhouse Viper
1-800-889-1893

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Not exactly sure, but believe it will be cam, race exhaust, headers, computer, etc.. Will try and get more , but it is not supposed to have cats, hence off road use only.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
To be more specific:
1. Hotter Cam
2. Full Belanger header and exhaust system
3.Competition oil pan with swing arm
4.special pushrods
5.special prv valve
6. unique valve spring shims
7. Select fit main bearings
8. High performance oil filter
9.fuel/spark recalibrated computer

Engine will be pulled , sent to Arrow and returned. We all know what a great job will be done at Arrow, so the price is based on these parameters.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I'm buying for non-street use, why not just get a CompCoupe? Why would I want to spend more on a track only car that is heavier than a compcoupe? Makes no sense.

viperdrummer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, with a couple of differences it sounds very similar to my "limited" edition Commemorative. Dodge needs to get a little more creative--how about different colors, geez? How limited is this one? 100, 200?? Don't get me wrong I love Dodge, but I am really surprised we don't have a limited edition "Mother's Day Viper" rolling out on Friday.

YoungDoc

Viper Owner
Reaction score
yah your telling me... these modifications aren't impresssive.. if it was a hopped up motor or a supercharged motor now the money would be worth it.. but those list of modifications aren't impressive to me... =( can't wait for the 08

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Especially when you can get a 50-state smog legal, dealer installed Paxton supercharger that easily makes more power, and there are zero problems with registration and street driving. ;)

But the VOI9 Edition itself does look very nice. :2tu:

santo

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just a note but the "performance package" that Bill posted looks like the extras that come with the VCA Raffle car. You get the parts but you put them in yourself. I guess they give you a recommendation of who should put them in also ;)

Santo

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
wow the warranty won't exist anymore.. thats not cool..
------------------------------------------------------------------------
I thought that was the point behind "Mopar performance package". With Mopar behind it it wouldn't void a warranty.

What the point? It should be what M is to BMW and AMG is to MB.

2005 Silver SRT/10
2000 Steel Gray GTS (sold)

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bill, to clarify, sounds like a neat package, especially by Arrow. No warranty? Somewhat surprising but would not be my main worry. How many of you whiners would take a Comp Coupe at ANY price with no warranty if it could be registered for the street? Hmmm, I thought so. You would have to have a very large arsenal to remove me from the front of the line. Now the issue is...No cats?? If it can't pass emissions, then it's as useless as a Comp Coupe without a Vin. And yes, I know there are a lot of games to be played with that issue. But not in some states.

Firewater

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's messed up that the performance package voids the warranty. Is there even any dyno numbers or estimates as to what the car puts down with the package? It just seems like you can get a lot more for $12 grand (i.e. a supercharger) :rolleyes:

FinalEd357

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What power and performance results will this yield? Is there anything to keep the car street legal? I would LOVE this new car if results/performance were improved, street legal and w/ warranty! Isn't this EXACTLY what we've been asking for? It seems like they're 'just missing' on a great opportunity to build our loyalty and put a z06-killer out on the road.. ????

YoungDoc

Viper Owner
Reaction score
we need a z06 killer!!! I did not switch over to the dark side to loose ;) Did I mention black is a hot color =)

FinalEd357

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I agree. I have a c6z06 on order @ MSRP, arriving 1st week of June. Base car, $65,990 including destination. Planning to keep the GTS for limited driving.

I'd sell the GTS and scrap the z06 plans, if this car could beat both, be limited production, street legal and under warranty for $100,000 -ish...

Otherwise, current option is buy without performance pkg and lose to Z06 OR buy performance package, but not be able to drive on the street WITH a z06... ?

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
SRT needs to do better than this. 12k, no warranty, not able to pass smog, what are they smoking?

The car looks great but who would buy this "performance package"?

I wonder what 07 will bring?

Will the new engine be certified by then?

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree. I have a c6z06 on order @ MSRP, arriving 1st week of June. Base car, $65,990 including destination. Planning to keep the GTS for limited driving.

I'd sell the GTS and scrap the z06 plans, if this car could beat both, be limited production, street legal and under warranty for $100,000 -ish...

Otherwise, current option is buy without performance pkg and lose to Z06 OR buy performance package, but not be able to drive on the street WITH a z06... ?

Several dealers will install the Paxton supercharger which is 50-state smog legal, produces 700HP, costs $10K installed, and is covered under the warranty.

So you could get this rare model Viper with Enzo-like acceleration for $100K-ish easy. :2tu:

FinalEd357

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Snakester,
That would be great. I had no idea that you could supercharge a stock Viper and retain the warranty? I apologize in advance for asking, but are you sure? I see you have 546 rwhp so you may have experience with just this..?

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've read several threads about different dealers like Woodhouse who do the Paxton installs, and they look to be covered by their warranty. With Woodhouse's excellent reputation I'd say that you would be covered, but you will want to contact them to confirm it to be sure.

I've got intake/exhaust mods and a shot of N2O, but I will likely be getting a Paxton in a year or two. :laugh:

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Snakester,
That would be great. I had no idea that you could supercharge a stock Viper and retain the warranty? I apologize in advance for asking, but are you sure? I see you have 546 rwhp so you may have experience with just this..?

I suspect you will get a PM from Bill soon... he's good at temptation. :D

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been tempted by Bill's dealmaking prowess before. :cool:

But I'm building a new house now, and so tempting toys are out of the picture until I'm finished.

It's a temporary trade-off. :smirk:

But Final Ed 357 is likely in the PM crosshairs of more than a couple dealers and tuners.
For educational/informational help of course. :2tu:

TacDoc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I assume the warranty is only voided on the driveline, (engine, tranny, etc). I do not see how the body/electrical warranty could be voided. I still want to know est. hp/torque. I am on the fence right know over this coupe or holding out for an 08. If the 08 is still using the current chassis (hence the same weight) I might prefer the VOI edition with arrow mods. Dodge, get us some data!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper