Suggestions for WINTER project....?

Knight Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm going to add Heads and headers this winter and was wondering what you guys were using to connect between your headers and high flow or catless setup? Are you leaving the flex pipe in or having a bigger piece bent for there?
Thanks and Merry Christmas, Kevin

Mr Hemi Head

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm going to add Heads and headers this winter and was wondering what you guys were using to connect between your headers and high flow or catless setup? Are you leaving the flex pipe in or having a bigger piece bent for there?
Thanks and Merry Christmas, Kevin

The Belangers are supplied with a turn out pipe that connects between the collectors and your present exhaust system. The flex pipe gets tossed.

Don't know about the other makes.

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From experience taking it off numerous Vipers, the flex pipe doesn't seem to be necessary, but that may depend on how many miles yo're driving your Viper a year.

Actually I don't have any Winter projects planned to <u>do</u> on the car while it's cold.. though I am constantly planning more and more for next year it seems.

Next Summer, there are numerous experimental projects afoot in my effort to get into the 10's on a budget. - Without buying headers, a catback, 1.7 rockers, doing any internal engine work, or power adders.

Just some mods ahead of the OE TBs, and after the OE exhaust manifolds; slicks and my not-yet-installed SVS shifter. Leaving the OE post-resonator exhaust tubing OD size intact.

Stay tuned ! It's going to happen :)

OP
OP
L

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Leslie - when we gonna see you at VIR again?

looking for a run group next yr, I miss VIR:(

it's gotta be the full course if I am gonna drive that far, I live in N Indiana now vs WV

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Leslie saie...looking for a run group next yr, I miss VIR:(

Putnam Park Home Page http://www.putnampark then hit Schedule...you can hook up with the various Porsche groups, NASA, Mustang Club, and

ProSport Drivers Group Website http://pdgapps.dynalias.com/postnuke/index.php

There is ALWAYS something going on!!

Some also have events at Indy's O'Reily's Raceway Park...which used to be IRP...just west of Indy.

Is it Spring yet???

OP
OP
L

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hey Steve, got Putnam on my schedule, probably with Viper days.

but I gotta get at least one run in there before then so I can practice passing all the snakes in my Z06 hhaaaaa

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Our locals go there a couple of times per month April thru Fall...join in !!!

AND, you can get your Castrol SRF brake fluid where I go at about $58.00 per liter...only 2 miles off I-465 on YOUR way to Putnam!!!

Happy Holidays!!!

OP
OP
L

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our locals go there a couple of times per month April thru Fall...join in !!!

AND, you can get your Castrol SRF brake fluid where I go at about $58.00 per liter...only 2 miles off I-465 on YOUR way to Putnam!!!

Happy Holidays!!!

now THAT's an awsome price, thanks Steve!

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Leslie, get the belangers from GTSnake. Seeing as how they are coming off my 1st Viper, (Tom added them though), they are in need of a new home in Indiana! :D

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I need to get a few more parts for this:

You must be registered for see images

Caculating for intended RPM range..(why didn't I do that first?) tells me I need to make some adjustments to the tuned length to get the increase in power to come in above 3800rpm the way it did below 3800rpm..

Then things are gonna start happening.. :2tu: