Suggestions on smoothing out ride on a 2008 ACR

OP
OP
M

mufflerguy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yup, just ordered the MCS shocks from Mark today as well.
Car should ride even better now....

OP
OP
M

mufflerguy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No offense, but that's the problem with buying a car because it "looks cool". It's made to be stiff and at home on the track. If you bought it to cruise around in, you'd have been much better off to buy a non-ACR. My vert rides retty smooth. Wanna trade? ;)
So let me guess, you bought yours to get groceries and bring the kids to school, looks had nothing to do with it, wow

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
TowDawg was tracking his Viper on a regular basis.
Due to the cost of supporting a track Viper and the risk of damage to the car, he has since bought a purpose built race car to track now.

I am stupid and still have my Viper set up as a dedicated track car.
If I were smart, I'd get a cheaper car for the track and not have to worry about anything.....like TowDawg.

I recently bought a 2009 Z06 to split up track days and give the Viper a break now and then.
Don't know that it'll be much cheaper though. -spent 600 bucks on brake pads already for the track, and tires probably won't last any longer on the Z06 either.

.........I like the looks of the Viper and the Z06, but I bought them more for their performance level than their visual appeal.

wirepaladin08

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last week I changed out the factory Cups on my bone stock 2009 ACR for Michelin Pilot Super Sports (with 285/35/18's on the front). My experience with the ride difference is the same as several earlier posters in this thread. It drives like a totally different car on the street. The car is far easier to drive, the tram lining is totally gone and the ride is greatly improved. Now I wish I would have switched out for the Super Sports long ago.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave