Summer in Florida... Grrrr

EllowViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That was Tampa last week. Right now its summy and 95...but you know how that goes. Hope the Shuttle gets off this evening. Even they have to deal with these afternoon thunderstorms for their "cruises."....

orsini112

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I feel for you... AT least you can drive all year round. Here in new england, the whole month of June was rain. The worst part is that we wait months and months for good weather and when it should be starting to get nice out it rains an entire month.

GBS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Most southern states are hotter the Florida in the summer especially if you live on the coast. A lot of places outside of Florida have seen temps over 100 the last fee weeks.

OP
OP
R

RobZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Most southern states are hotter the Florida in the summer especially if you live on the coast. A lot of places outside of Florida have seen temps over 100 the last fee weeks.

The temp is not the prob... as highlighted in the original post, the rain just will not go away here in N FL. :rain:

:usa:

Last edited:

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We had tornado warnings this evening in Orlando. Was pretty bad there for awhile. Hope it stays clear for the show on Sat.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Temps are deceiving. I grew up in Illinois and survived numerous 100 degree days but none of them are as bad as a typical Florida summer day. The sun is much more intense in Florida.

GBS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The temp is not the prob... as highlighted in the original post, the rain just will not go away here in N FL. :rain:

:usa:

We have not had any rain in over a week here in SW Florida. Very unusual for this time of year. I had to turn my sprinkers back on. I live on the water about 120 south of Tampa.

Temps are deceiving. I grew up in Illinois and survived numerous 100 degree days but none of them are as bad as a typical Florida summer day. The sun is much more intense in Florida.

I grew up in Michigan. I worked downtown Detroit for many years. The company I worked for did a lot of work for the auto industry including work at the Viper plant. I like the Florida summers. Great time for water sports. It takes me about 15 minutes to get to the Gulf of Mexico on myboat or jet ski. I love the low 90 temps.

DLTARNU

Suspended
Reaction score
...for an example of sun intensity spend 30 minutes ******* in Michigan then 30 minutes ******* in Florida. The FL burn is gonna be a heck of a lot worse...

I've had this same discussion with people from all over. The only place I've ever been that can beat the sun's intensity in South Florida is Australia. I was sailing around the Whitsunday Islands and it was like being inside a blast furnace. Sailed for two hours, had a solid base tan, was using SPF 8, and half the time I was in the shade of the sail and STILL got burned. That thin ozone layer is no joke. You can practically feel the individual waves of radiation.

Aside from that, I've been in the Namibian Desert, the Sahara, most islands in the Caribbean, all countries in Central and South America, Texas, Africa, the Middle East, India and Southeast Asia. All have the potential to be bad, but SoFla on one of those nasty, humid summer days when it somehow manages to be completely sunny but still maintain 99% humidity can beat them. I swear humans weren't meant to live there. It still wants to be a swamp.

Disturbed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
When it's raining....just drive your Viper to my place...I've got the perfect Drift Pad right down the street. :D

GBS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:rolaugh: Fair enough.

But for an example of sun intensity spend 30 minutes ******* in Michigan then 30 minutes ******* in Florida. The FL burn is gonna be a heck of a lot worse than the Michigan burn.

That's definitely true! Florida requires more sun screen. You got to love the water temps this time of year. The Gulf of Mexico is like bath water.

NI-KA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can't wait... Vacation in Florida most summers. Wouldn't want to work in Florida during the summer but love the warm water and hot weather in the summer for about a week or so....

Will be in La Ca ah Costa (forgive me spelling) 2nd week of August

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I moved to South Florida 10 Months ago from New Jersey. Will not be going back to NJ anytime soon :headbang:.. I'll take some rain and a few hot days, over the gray,depressing,cold Northeast weather, any day of the week. I just had enough of it.

PS78

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I moved to South Florida 10 Months ago from New Jersey. Will not be going back to NJ anytime soon :headbang:.. I'll take some rain and a few hot days, over the gray,depressing,cold Northeast weather, any day of the week. I just had enough of it.

Want to get there too!...for the same reasons (uk: 8 months of the year..)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang