superchargers/turbos for SRT-10

04mystic

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What are the choices that we have? Could someone direct me to some sites, thanks

Fishtail

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You have Heffner and UGR that specialize in turbo charging...both are very good at what they do! If you prefer supercharging call Doug Levin. They are one of the biggest in the country when it comes to SC cars especially SRTs. You can't go wrong with any of them.

-lou :2tu:

SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can read more on Heffner turbos in the Winter editon of Viper magazine.
Very nice.

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
DLM has been making the SRT's faster since day one. If I had an SRT, he'd be working on the car. He worked on my 99RT 6 years ago and i couldn't be happier.

JD

twinturbo3150

Enthusiast
Reaction score
18 grand for a doug leven super charger, how come his is so much and you can get a Roe or paxton for half that?

twinturbo3150

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thats why Im curious as to why DLM is so much, just curious, was on there websit, and for a supecharger installed was 18 grand.

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thats why Im curious as to why DLM is so much, just curious, was on there websit, and for a supecharger installed was 18 grand.

IMO he's the "ferrari of S/C tuners"

I've had/have 2 S/C Vipers by DLM and I daily drive my 2nd one right now.

When I upgraded and got a GenII 1998 GTS, I couldn't be more happier. It's still my daily driver * OVER *5 years later and over 50k miles. I haven't TURNED a wrench YET ON IT, in 5 years other than a belt or 2.... I've been to several track days, back to back to back runs, etc, etc. I"m still on my same tune / belt, etc all stock parts, air in tires as I was over 2 years ago in the V10 Nats in Bradenton... ***That should tell you something right there****I wonder if my competition guys I've raced against can say the same.. Oh well, no matter...
I'm pushing easy over 800RWHP/TQ at the wheels. Riding to the track on street tires, clicking off a 10.4 and riding home is pretty cool thing. :) :nana:

Perhaps that why they're a little more as you stated... :) :) :laugh:

And also make sure you're comparing apples to apples. What about an intercooler, piping, headers, damper quality, are heads ported or are they stock heads? upgraded valves, etc etc etc.

Do your homework and choose the package that best suits your needs. Roe guys seem to brag about not having to rev their car up. I tend to call them *******.. ahhahahahahahaa Right Mike S ??? LOL!! :D :eek:

Fishtail

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with Gerald the DLM kit is WELL engineered and it's NOT $18K. The SRT kit starts at $10K installed and Doug has other upgrades that will cost you more money.

I've had my DLM car for a while now and the performance and reliability are spectacular. Doug's customer service is EXCELLENT and I'll stay with DLM for years to come. I'm waiting for prices to come down a little more on the SRT so I can purchase one and send it off to Doug.

-lou

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think Doug has updated that web site in about 5 years. give him a call... i'm pretty darn sure it isn't 18k for am SRT setup.

JD

twinturbo3150

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with Gerald the DLM kit is WELL engineered and it's NOT $18K. The SRT kit starts at $10K installed and Doug has other upgrades that will cost you more money.

I've had my DLM car for a while now and the performance and reliability are spectacular. Doug's customer service is EXCELLENT and I'll stay with DLM for years to come. I'm waiting for prices to come down a little more on the SRT so I can purchase one and send it off to Doug.

-lou
Our Level 1 System comes standard with:

* High efficiency Supercharger unit
* Keyed crankshaft
* SFI approved billet damper
* 10 rib belt drive system
* 6061 mounting brackets with premium hardware
* DLM fuel and ignition Viper control unit
* Hi Temperature silicone hoses with T-clamps
* One piece billet crankshaft pulley
* Upgraded fuel system with liquid filled fuel gauge
* Hi flow oil discharge tube
* Cockpit adjustable fuel enrichment controller
* Lower temperature range spark plugs
* Synthetic oil & filter
* Air bypass valve
* Matching Boost gauge

Boost level between 6-8 psi. Rated at 600+ rear wheel horse power on an otherwise stock car.
Price installed $17,995 plus tax, for complete package.
looks like 18 grand to me, not doubting your expertise on the price but this if off there website.

twinturbo3150

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yeah. his web site, like i said, hasn't been updated in about 4 years. call him and you'll get a better idea.

JD
sorry JD quess it help to read all the post's, I will call him and find out, unlike the Roe not being emissions freindly, the paxtion is, what about dlm?

OP
OP

04mystic

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I went to roes site and see nothing on one for a srt?. All I see is for the other gens.

SVS Turbo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SVS has a Gen2 DIY kit for an introductory price of $12,500

Very clean installation, well engineered, 321 stainleess, all high quality materials

This is without fuel system or engine management but we can supply those to you also.

On a stock Gen 2 98 GTS the system will make 800rwhp 850rwtq 8.5psi 93 oct

The tested engine had T&D's & Manley pushrods. Stock engine, running an SVS fuel system and AEM engine management.

We have the same kit for the SRT-10 but with an Air/Water intercooler which cost slightly more.

We can do the same kit for the SRT-10, but we would need an SRT-10 for an air/air intercooler install.

http://www.svspower.com/catalog_detail.aspx?nav=3&id=229

If you're interested please e-mail me below

We are looking for partners :usa:

MaxedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Call Doug Levin at 305 2497223 he'll put together a package for you that will haul butt :nana:

Max

Hirohawa

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why are Heffner or DLM cars never included in teh big magazine writeups like Lingeffelter and H-Boy who ripped evrybody off?

They seem to have benn around awhile and have very happy customers and I don't get why they are omitted from these shootouts.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Probably because marketing takes time and money, and a bit of finesse. To most of the world Hessey (hows that for an abbreviation) and Lingenfelter are the only Viper tuners. I have been harping for a long time that for this board to censor is a disservice to those who may want to purchase something and do it blindly because of the censorship.

My $0.02

SVS Turbo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SVS has a Gen2 DIY kit for an introductory price of $12,500

Very clean installation, well engineered, 321 stainleess, all high quality materials

This is without fuel system or engine management but we can supply those to you also.

On a stock Gen 2 98 GTS the system will make 800rwhp 850rwtq 8.5psi 93 oct

The tested engine had T&D's & Manley pushrods. Stock engine, running an SVS fuel system and AEM engine management.

We have the same kit for the SRT-10 but with an Air/Water intercooler which cost slightly more.

We can do the same kit for the SRT-10, but we would need an SRT-10 for an air/air intercooler install.

http://www.svspower.com/catalog_detail.aspx?nav=3&id=327

If you're interested please e-mail me below

We are looking for partners :usa:

Changed the link it wasn't working.

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pick up the phone and call. That's an old website, very old.. LOL!!

Gerald

-lou
Our Level 1 System comes standard with:

* High efficiency Supercharger unit
* Keyed crankshaft
* SFI approved billet damper
* 10 rib belt drive system
* 6061 mounting brackets with premium hardware
* DLM fuel and ignition Viper control unit
* Hi Temperature silicone hoses with T-clamps
* One piece billet crankshaft pulley
* Upgraded fuel system with liquid filled fuel gauge
* Hi flow oil discharge tube
* Cockpit adjustable fuel enrichment controller
* Lower temperature range spark plugs
* Synthetic oil & filter
* Air bypass valve
* Matching Boost gauge

Boost level between 6-8 psi. Rated at 600+ rear wheel horse power on an otherwise stock car.
Price installed $17,995 plus tax, for complete package.
looks like 18 grand to me, not doubting your expertise on the price but this if off there website.

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I drove a Paxton s/c SRT last summer and I'll tell you what, I was impressed! So impressed in fact, that I am having a Paxton installed on my Gen1 as soon as the weather breaks.

Reaction score
Hope you don't mind me jumping in and thanks for the gratifying comments :2tu:

Unfortunately, my website is outdated and needs a tune-up. That will happen very soon and it will entail more of our job services and parts for Viper owners. So, please don't mind the site for now :cool:

Our packages for the SRT-10 start at $10,000 professionally installed. The system includes the Paxton air / water cooler kit and all the goods provided by Paxton. It's basically the same package you can purchase from any authorized Paxton dealer.

Our custom DLM / Paxton kit includes the same parts as I mentioned above but instead of drilling and pinning the crank we have our own method of securing the harmonic balancer to the end of the crankshaft. We key the crankshaft utilizing a square keyway and install a ATI billet damper that won't ever let go and can carry 1000 horsepower. There are other mods included in this package and the price increases another $2000 dollars.

Of course if your contemplating more horsepower undoubtedly you'll need to build and upgrade several parts to accommodate the higher horsepower. This is when we ask our customers to call so we can custom build a package to well suit your needs.

If you have any questions or comments don't hesitate to give us a call. I'll try to answer any of your questions.

Thanks for reading!
Doug Levin

Reaction score
I drove a Paxton s/c SRT last summer and I'll tell you what, I was impressed! So impressed in fact, that I am having a Paxton installed on my Gen1 as soon as the weather breaks.
I started years ago building Gen I Vipers. They respond extremely well to boost. The torque comes on very, very strong and good tires are a must.

The old paper head gaskets must be replaced to the newer updated metal layered ones. Otherwise, your in for the ride of your life - You'll have a blast with your new found energy level :laugh:

Enjoy it in good health :nana:

Doug

RichieSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Doug is now doing a complete package for me. I started with his Level 1 package but got addicted and going to Level 4. I have been 100% happy with both his work and customer support after the sale.
I think its time for Gerald to send that "old" beast back for some fresh upgrades.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte