Supra fuel pump upgrade

speedracervr4

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anyone tried running the Denso Supra fuel pump instead of the Walbro 225? It actually flows better than the walbro. Physically it's a little bigger, but not much. I have a Roe Supercharged 99 and was looking at upgrading to a 10lb pulley. I already have a boost a pump and water **** system. A couple people have said the Walbro/boost a pump/**** combo would work, but I would still want a little more pump so it's not running at max output at WOT.

OP
OP
S

speedracervr4

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How much for the Hanger? Who makes it? I thought someone had said there was an issue of fuel starvation if you ran it lower than 1/2 tank. I'm currently running dual Walbros in my Mitsubishi 3000GT Twin Turbo, but I figured it would be easier with just one pump. Dual pumps may be a little overkill. Also are the fuel lines and FPR adequate for approx 650-730hp? Thanks

white out

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 255 in my 400awhp STi. It is pumping maxed out 850cc injectors @ 43.5psi.
After doing a lot of research, the bosch 044 pump, in tank is the way to go. It flows more & is more reliable than dual walbro 255s.
This is a HUGE pump, so the pump mounting assembly will need to be modified. It is also much louder than the 255, so if that is a concern..

nasioc.com has a lot of info on the 044.
What Fuel pumps are people using on their 525+whp - Page 8 - NASIOC
Anybody running bosch 044 intank? - NASIOC

Nick

Red Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How much for the Hanger? Who makes it? I thought someone had said there was an issue of fuel starvation if you ran it lower than 1/2 tank. I'm currently running dual Walbros in my Mitsubishi 3000GT Twin Turbo, but I figured it would be easier with just one pump. Dual pumps may be a little overkill. Also are the fuel lines and FPR adequate for approx 650-730hp? Thanks
I am running the single Walbro and BAP configuration (10 pound Roe). I just ran my car down to 1/8 tank Saturday without starvation issues. I ran it down to Empty once and did smoke the fuze in the BAP but it was an easy fix. Now I try to refill at a minimum of 1/4 tank.
My setup makes 660/710 with this setup. :2tu:

OP
OP
S

speedracervr4

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the input. I don't know how much room there is physically to upgrade to the Bosch 044 since its almost twice the size of a Walbro, and the Weldon is only an external right? Anyone have any pics of a Weldon installed?

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jerry Colpits, Pres. NE Region just installed one. I don't know if he has pics. He says its real quiet. Weldon's have an excellent reputation for building some really serious pumps. The 1100A is an external only I believe. Google their website for more info.

white out

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the input. I don't know how much room there is physically to upgrade to the Bosch 044 since its almost twice the size of a Walbro, and the Weldon is only an external right? Anyone have any pics of a Weldon installed?

If you check out the second link I posted, there is a picture of one in a STi sending unit. I am not sure about the size difference between the Viper & Subaru sending units, but I would assume that it would fit (with some modification) in your car.

Nick

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21