Survey - TVS blower for SRT-10 Vipers

Would you buy a Magnacharger SRT-10 Viper system?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Threesixes

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My pic didnt work hopefully those will:
picture.php

picture.php

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Had lunch with Nineball (Tony) the other day and they are still looking into it.

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's good news. Thanks Flatout! It is the only option for Supercharging my 06' that I am looking into.

Rick

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Same here :)

Also spoke with Steve at Vipair and he's willing to mold a hood if needed.

ExplorerThis

Viper Owner
Reaction score
This NEEDS to happen....

I really couldnt handle some modded zl-1 camaro walking away from me....

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Me 3. I like the TT option, but it's pretty damn expensive and there is no way I would have the confidence to work on anything after installing one.

I'm not wild about the Paxton, but I have thought about it because it was the only option.

If this thing becomes available, it would be bay FAR the best thing for my application! (95% street fun and 5% track)

OP
OP
N

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You should hear my Z06 with the cog-belt driven Maggie on it. I'll get a vid of it soon. I'll see if I can get an update on this.

Tony

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks Tony!

Make sure they are aware of how many PD Roe blowers were purchased for Gen 2 cars.

Andy

Darbgnik

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the hood clearance was the dealbreaker for Roe. If there was a Vipair hood made for this application that looked like a stock 08 hood, I think a lot of guys would go for it, and it would save the Magnacharger guys the trouble Roe had with fitment.

I think that Roe managed to get his supercharger under the 08 hood, so if Steve had to make a special mold, it wouldn't have to be a big change.

But that's enough out of this know-it-all for now.........:cool:

ssjcreeper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If I could get a Maggie under an '08 style hood - this would be a done deal! I really don't want to go with a centrifugal, but it's about the only cost-friendly option out there. A Maggie would be a no-brainer for me.

OP
OP
N

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The MagnaCharger doesn't fit under any Corvette factory hood, either. Didn't stop them from selling many many many kits. Aftermarket hoods are easy to build, they just need a reason to build them.

ssjcreeper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Most didn't notice the difference in the RK Sport hood over the factory one, but from inside the car you could definitely see the difference.

I'm sure someone can make a hood that closely resembles the '08's but with the added clearance for the Maggie.

If you build it, they will come.

Threesixes

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just got a decent tax return........ If this doesn't happen I'll prob go N2O

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Boys;

Where are we at on this? I am really hoping this is still moving forward as I have cash in account to pull the trigger on this set-up, if they can produce it and truly make it work. I do not have cash available for someone to prototype on my dime, so hopefully they are pushing forward with this. The market is there. Just look at how many GEN IIIs were made and are out there.

Let's Git-R-Done already.
Rick

fastandloud

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Boys;

Where are we at on this? I am really hoping this is still moving forward as I have cash in account to pull the trigger on this set-up, if they can produce it and truly make it work. I do not have cash available for someone to prototype on my dime, so hopefully they are pushing forward with this. The market is there. Just look at how many GEN IIIs were made and are out there.

Let's Git-R-Done already.
Rick

Ditto...and ditto,ditto,ditto,ditto....you get the idea! :headbang:

OP
OP
N

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No feedback to share yet. It is a slow process, as the team is developing kits for more mass-produced cars all the time.

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No feedback to share yet. It is a slow process, as the team is developing kits for more mass-produced cars all the time.

Tell 'em to get cracking!:lmao:

I was thinking about added a 2008 hood and having my stripes painted on this past winter, but when this thread hit, I decided to wait. I don't want to go through all of that and then this thing doesn't fit under the standard '08 hood. Hopefully they will figure out something this year, as I would like to get the '08 hood (or whatever is needed to clear the blower) on the car next winter.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala