Suspension Upgrades

Doubleup

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am looking to do a quality suspension upgrade on my 2008 SRT10 with KW's and front and maybe rear sway bars to keep this car super flat and the power to the ground... I have read various threads but cannot find anyone doing much with the sway bars and also am a little spun on which setup I should get between motons, mopar etc.. It seems the Mopar set is the simple solution but does anyone have a strong suggestion away from this Mopar set and why?

Also any recommendations on front/rear sway bars? I am told sway bars may be too much for street driving and even result in pushing the front end at autocross. I drive mostly on the street about 2-3k per year, once a month autocross and a track day about once or twice a year…

Thanks!
Doubleup

Last edited:

dtenney

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Moton Clubsports shocks
Solid 27mm Viper ACR front swaybar
Stock rear swaybar

Ride will be better than stock and handling will be much better.

-David

OP
OP
D

Doubleup

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What spring setup are you using with the motons? I was thinking mopar KW's originally as they come with springs. Reading into the motons now as there are many moton fans here...

ssnaked

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I drastically upgraded my suspension on my 06 FE for the track. I have club racer motons, eibach springs and competition coupe sway bars. It rides too hard for the street. Of course I use my car mostly on the track and that's why I made the changes. If you want your car mostly for the street I suggest you keep the suspension stock. If you are inclined to make changes do go with the motons and do not go with a highly rated spring. Skip the sway bars.

dtenney

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What spring setup are you using with the motons? I was thinking mopar KW's originally as they come with springs. Reading into the motons now as there are many moton fans here...

My ACR has KW's and my SSG has Motons, in my opinion the Motons are a clear winner. I am running 750lb front springs and 1200lb rear springs. However, for the street I would think the 500 lb and 800 lb rear would be great. Originally I had 1000lb rear springs, but with the ACR aero my car would bottom out and rub at high speed over bumps (read Sebring turn 17), after 1200 lb springs the problem was solved.

Also be sure to get the helper springs and spacers to keep everything tight.

-David

OP
OP
D

Doubleup

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice, it really sounds like Motons are the way to go. I am the type that only likes to buy something once and if I set and forget the motons so be it, but I really would not want to buy something and then feel like I wanted more performance/adjustment later...

I guess I will have to decide where to compromise on the springs. While I do drive on the street the true thrill is achieved during track time. A little sacrifice in street ride is almost a must when even deciding to buy this type of car and when getting it track friendly. I used to put such big sway bars when I was younger on my first Japanese cars every time I'd hit a bump on one side my steering would jump all over the place!

Last edited:
Reaction score
I am currently running 850F and 950R with my Motons and even though the ride is not as smooth the handling is awesome and power is put down very well even with my 3.73 gear.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Little off topic, but as for the end links on these cars, can aftermarket polys be substituted for the stock end-links? Asking specifically for the Gen I/IIs, I have one squished beyond where it should be.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang