Susquehanna River/Exelon Cruise - June 21

yellowvipergts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
JUNE 21 ~Susquehanna River/Exelon Cruise – Meeting point is the Holiday Inn Express, 1100 Baltimore Pike (Route 1), Glen Mills, PA 19342 (intersection of PA Routes 1 and 202). We will depart from the parking lot promptly at 9:30 AM. :drive:

About 80% of this cruise will be on nice, back country roads in the states of PA & MD which will include Delaware, Chester, Lancaster and York counties in PA and Harford County in MD. The cruise will be approximately 125 miles with four stops, including lunch. The four stops will be the Exelon Muddy Run Generating Plant on the Susquehanna River, Exelon Muddy Run Recreational Area, Exelon Peach Bottom Nuclear Generating Station on the Susquehanna River and finally the Exelon Conowingo Dam Generating Station. The stop at the Exelon Muddy Run Recreation Center will include lunch. The final run from Conowingo back to the HI Express is about 80% 4 lane highway. Dinner on Saturday evening will be at the home of Trudy and Al Berman which is just a short run from the HI Express.

UPDATED INFO:We previously stated there would be a $50 per car fee for this event to cover the cost of lunch and dinner. HOWEVER, THERE WILL BE NO FEE FOR THIS EVENT.To help us better plan for lunch and dinner, please let Ginger ([email protected] or 607-426-0837) know by June 19th if you will be attending!Questions regarding this event may be directed to Ginger at the address or phone number above.

OP
OP
Y

yellowvipergts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It has just been brought to my attention that the correct address for the meeting location for this cruise is, Holiday Inn Express, 1110 Baltimore Pike, Glen Mills PA 19342. NOT 1100 as previously stated. I want to make sure you get the proper address into your GPS, or whatever other source you may use for mapping purposes. I apologize for any confusion!!!

Ginger

Last edited:
OP
OP
Y

yellowvipergts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looking forward to seeing a few familiar faces.:2tu:

We're looking forward to the cruise and seeing some familiar faces as well. It seems like it's been a long time since we all got together!!! :drive:

Is Vanessa coming along? Will you be staying for dinner?

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We're looking forward to the cruise and seeing some familiar faces as well. It seems like it's been a long time since we all got together!!! :drive:

Is Vanessa coming along? Will you be staying for dinner?

Not sure on the first part, and yes on dinner.

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was nice meeting everybody this morning, I only wish I could have went along for the ride. :(

I hope everybody had a great cruise. :2tu:

OP
OP
Y

yellowvipergts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was nice meeting everybody this morning, I only wish I could have went along for the ride. :(

I hope everybody had a great cruise. :2tu:

It was nice to meet you as well Frank, and sorry you could not make the run. Our hosts did a wonderful job putting this event together. It was a great time. :drive:

Hope to meet you at a Viper event again soon!

Denny & Ginger

BriansViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pa. members: Thanks for your hospitality. We had a great run Sat with Vipers and friends. :2tu: Denny you hit the nail on the head when I read your comment "the Vipers bring us together but the people keep us together". We always feel welcome at the Pa events. :) Ginger thanks for always keeping me informed.

Al & Trudy: Awesome dinner!!!! Thanks for your time and effort that went into entertaining. Food was great, friends, conversation and laughs even better. Your generosity is very much appreciated.

Dave & Betty: Alot of time and effort went into planning and mapping out the cruise. The day was very organized. Well done!!!! :drive:

Looking forward to our next Pa. event. Thanks all for a great outing!!!!!!

Penny & Brian.....

OP
OP
Y

yellowvipergts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Brian & Penny. It's always nice to have you on board with us and you are always welcome.

Don't forget to make your reservation for the Grand Canyon Cruise coming up on October 11. Several of us will be staying at the hotel both Friday & Saturday night. Hope you can make it!

Hope to see you soon!

Ginger

OP
OP
Y

yellowvipergts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Darn...I was unable to post any photos from this event here...I just kept getting a red "X". Obviously I was doing something wrong.:dunno: However, I did post a few photos in the "Album" feature under Denny's login name (yellowvipergts). Hope you can vew them.

Ginger

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte