Swap gen 1 cassette player for genIi CD player?

JPL

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You could also leave the stock deck and put an Alpine CD changer in the trunk, the stock head unit will control it.

hiss highness

Enthusiast
Reaction score
found I do not miss my stereo at all, i put in a pocket instead and got a spot for phone or wallet and other stuff, but I do have a gts so did not have to worry about middle seat speaker

Last edited:

JPL

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You can also run your ipod through the stock head unit with one of these:
You must be registered for see images attach

JPL

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Putting a cd changer in the truck was a good upgrade, the only hiccup was the pin connector needed to be reconfigured, but the installer said it was pretty straightforward.

Batboy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't bother. Alpine CD player in Gen2 is junk. Put something aftermarket in. There are wiring and install kits for head units so you don't have to modify the car at all. Good luck.

OP
OP
P

propsail

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. Spoke to Chuck Tator who said they are two totally different animals. I wonder if those flip out (7" screen) head units stick too far out of the dash.

RoyV101621

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Most I know prefer an obsolete cassette deck over an obsolete compact disk. I use a cassette adapter for cell phone/ mp3. I also use the adapter to amplify FRS radio.

Bugman Jeff

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Most I know prefer an obsolete cassette deck over an obsolete compact disk. I use a cassette adapter for cell phone/ mp3. I also use the adapter to amplify FRS radio.

I'd love to have a cassette player instead of my CD player for that reason. Plus, nobody in their right mind would ever consider stealing a cassette deck. A friend of mine once had his $200 window smashed so someone could steal his $35 CD player :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth