Swappin' my Gen 1 for a Gen 2......

Vindicator

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Swappin\' my Gen 1 for a Gen 2......

Well I've finally decided that I should put a Gen 2 motor in my 94' RT.

Is there any lil' things I should know about ??? Also has anyone that has done this conversion are they happy with it ???

Thankx

OP
OP
V

Vindicator

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Swappin\' my Gen 1 for a Gen 2......

Craig 201 MPH

Yeah long time no talk.

No I just want 2 swap the motor. The way I look at it is a good 90% of the mods out there 4 our snakes are based on the Gen 2. Whether it be after market, or from Dodge. My car is in the process of extensive modifications right now and I've been thinking about the motor from some time now. I know I'm going to need new head gaskets in time, so rather than spend a minimum of $2500 cdn I would rather put it into a new Gen 2. More power 2 begin with, and it would have way less "clicks" than my current Gen 1.

Also my sponsor RSM Racing is going to be designing a super charger system this fall. And with a good 85% of our Viper cliental being Gen 2 based, the kit should be designed on a Gen 2 plat form rather than a Gen 1...

Well Craig you know how much time I've been puttin into my car...

snowmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I think I might be missing something too
confused.gif
Why not sell your GEN 1 and buy a GEN 2?? That way it doesn't look like you blew out the motor and got the wrong motor placed in... Just my 2 cents... Plus GEN II's are pretty well priced with the 2003's coming out.

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Justin, that's a great idea!, when you finally get it pieced back together drop me a line, I'll be in barrie this year so I'm close and I have to go by you to get home.

Cheers,
Craig

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JF58854777:
I think I might be missing something too
confused.gif
Why not sell your GEN 1 and buy a GEN 2?? That way it doesn't look like you blew out the motor and got the wrong motor placed in... Just my 2 cents... Plus GEN II's are pretty well priced with the 2003's coming out.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You gotta see this car, it's not a "normal" GEN1, he's put too much work into it.

OP
OP
V

Vindicator

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Craig 201

Yeah I'll call yah 4 sure. You just get ready 4 FROSH week. I'm headin' up 2 Queens 4 an Engineer Bash. Thank god the car isn't done, last time I had some girls on the roll bar cruzin' around errrrr never mind...LOL

wilddude
As soon as my car is done I'll put some pics up.

So who on the board has done a swap like this ?????????