Swirl Marks :(

Hiper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My car is only a month old, and you can already see some swirl marks
frown.gif
I've handwashed it once a week very carefully since I got it...does everybody with a Blue or Black Viper have the same problem?
confused.gif
And whats the best way to deal with these annoying swirl marks? I heard that waxing it often (once a month) is not good for the paint job, since it removes the clear coat! Need some insight plzzzzz
smile.gif

Got Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have had my Blue Sapphire RT/10 since July, and have used Zaino Z2 Z5 Z6 etc., and although my paint job looks like a mirror in some light, I still see more and more swirl marks appearing daily. Is this the softest paint job or what? I bought all the special made in America cotton, and removed the edge stitching, and my wife re-sewed the edges with 100% cotton thread??? I wish these Zaino guys would prove to us that Z5 really works. I can't seem to get my scratches and swirls to go away. Their product does make the car look great, just can not get rid of the swirls??? Any advice Zaino Bros.???Dennis Kimball

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hiper:

I use to have the same problem. Not really bad but noticable. I was given some excellent advice that worked for me & since, I haven't had swirl marks at all. I was told that the rags that I was using to wipe my car down could be causing the problem. I was using 100% cotton towels that you buy from hardware stores. I've since switched to a totally smooth baby towel looking cloth - very soft. I was also told that by not lightly dampening the towels 1st - before cleaning - that could cause swirls too. I use Eagle 1 Wet Wipe & Shine for quick wipe downs. It works great but I wasn't spraying the towel first before I began. I would just spray my car 1st and begin like that. I also changed what I used to wash my Viper. I now use a soft scratch-free sponge. You have to really make sure that what-ever you use is TOTALLY clean before your next use though because dirt left in the sponge or whatever you use could be causing the problem too. I can't stress the latter enough. I also have my Viper waxed every 3mo like clock work. No excuses. Also make sure that when you wash your Viper, your car isn't hot at all! Let it totally cool off beforehand.

Backdoc7

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i have a black 95. i used the 3M swirl mark remover and then the 3m polish (no wax).. and. every swirl mark was gone!...... doesnt last very long. it looked great for a week. but. i drive it a bunch so.. i figured it wouldnt last long.

Bill

safireviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have had the same concerns about getting a Sapphire Blue Viper because of the scratch/swirls marks that seem to stand out on the darker cars. I had a black '77 Trans Am many years ago and after countless agonizing hours of trying to make it swirl free - I vowed never to own a black car again.

None - the less -
At one dealership on the showroom floor is a new sapphire viper with terribly noticable swirl marks. At another dealership the same car with no swirl marks. The difference and mind you guys I don't own one yet, -- The place without the swirl marks told me they used Zaino. true story