T Boned by a drunk driver

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
If you tell me where it happened, I could help check area high school parking lots, bar lots, etc, since I'm in Irvine too. I'd like to see that a-hole caught.

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another reason I never take the Viper out at night especially late. Just hope you get a good settlement and that you dont have USAA.

DrTaco

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Glad to hear that you're okay, you can't be replaced. Sorry about the loss, but soon enough you will be shopping for a new Viper!

OP
OP
J

JjohnsonRx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just got the call from the adjuster today, just so you all know: the Hood alone is $20,000 Ughhh!! after the full tear down and parts list was wrote up, the Total in Parts to be replaced was close to $100,000 not even joking! so they totaled her and YES i will be replacing her!

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do some research on the value and dont let them low ball you as they will try to.:nono:Wholesale book is usually what they try to give you, NOT average retail.

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You've heard this already, but we are all glad you are ok. That's what is important. Now go out and find another one for yourself!

Tom Sessions

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Before the ins gets to carried away as said earlier I would get in touch with Jon at Parts Rack if you have not used him before now would be a great time to start. Also get in touch with Dan Cragin at DC Performance he could help point you in the right direction as well.
A clean used hood can be had for less then 6k dollars so dont let the 20k scare you off. Or force you into a total you may not want.

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Before the ins gets to carried away as said earlier I would get in touch with Jon at Parts Rack if you have not used him before now would be a great time to start. Also get in touch with Dan Cragin at DC Performance he could help point you in the right direction as well.
A clean used hood can be had for less then 6k dollars so dont let the 20k scare you off. Or force you into a total you may not want.

Ditto,

He can talk with the insurance company too.

Bruce

Tusc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another reason I never take the Viper out at night especially late. Just hope you get a good settlement and that you dont have USAA.

I've been with USAA for about 15 years. I've never had anything close to a problem with them. They have always given me very fast service and have been easy with the cash. I totaled a 2000 Corvette in 2003. They cut me a check for $36,000 on a C5 with 48k miles that would have sold for a best of $30k or just below. They also just cut my insurance rates in HALF for this year - likely due to my being married now. I love USAA!!:2tu::usa:

Though that doesn't mean that other people haven't felt the sting.

BlackSnake99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been with USAA for about 15 years. I've never had anything close to a problem with them. They have always given me very fast service and have been easy with the cash. I totaled a 2000 Corvette in 2003. They cut me a check for $36,000 on a C5 with 48k miles that would have sold for a best of $30k or just below. They also just cut my insurance rates in HALF for this year - likely due to my being married now. I love USAA!!:2tu::usa:

Though that doesn't mean that other people haven't felt the sting.

+1. I have been with them since 1984. They have always done me right. Insured my Viper at high retail.

vancouver-gts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sure are glad you are OK, People are just unbelievable these days. What if you were really hurt and they left you there to suffer, man that is messed up. Had to be a kid, I would hope a adult would handle this different.

Good luck with the insurance thing and hopefully your quest to replace your baby.

I've been hit and run 3 times now and each time it was an adult around mid 40's to late 50's, I'm 20 and neither me or my friends would ever do anything like that.

the stereotypes kind of get old :rolleyes:

LifeIsGood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been hit and run 3 times now and each time it was an adult around mid 40's to late 50's, I'm 20 and neither me or my friends would ever do anything like that.

the stereotypes kind of get old :rolleyes:

Wow :omg:. Hit and run 3 times in 4 years of driving. I've been driving for 30 years...10+ different cars/trucks/motorcycles and never a hit and run...just lucky I guess...maybe it's time for me to buy some VCA raffle tickets.

vancouver-gts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wow :omg:. Hit and run 3 times in 4 years of driving. I've been driving for 30 years...10+ different cars/trucks/motorcycles and never a hit and run...just lucky I guess...maybe it's time for me to buy some VCA raffle tickets.

yea.. its extremely frustrating, luckily its only happened in my truck with very minor damage. Im a freaking hawk when driving the viper. The thought of getting hit terrifies me

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just got the call from the adjuster today, just so you all know: the Hood alone is $20,000 Ughhh!! after the full tear down and parts list was wrote up, the Total in Parts to be replaced was close to $100,000 not even joking! so they totaled her and YES i will be replacing her!

I'm glad you are okay and they will replace the Viper. However, these numbers are ********. Make sure they give you comparable value on the replacement. Sounds like something fishy...highball the estimate and lowball you the replacement value?

Dads Toy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
make sure you get checked by a good doctor. sometimes it takes a couple of days for an injury to come to the surface. I hope you are OK and I hate people who drink and drive. Hope they catch the person.

okloneranger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry for your loss. Your baby did her job and saved your bacon. The clowns that did this will either get caught or be running scared and looking over their shoulder for a long time. With due diligence on your part (checking with Jon and Dan), and any luck at all, you will come out of this as good as new, if not better. Good luck and keep the faith.

Vital Velocity

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That ***** but at least the insurance is (hopefully) taking care of it. After a wreck like that i wouldnt want them to fix it, i would rather have it replaced

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte