T&D 1.7 Installers...a question

Bugeater

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Post 1.7 shaft-mounted (T&D) rocker inspection -

Can someone explain how to check your installation (adjusting rockers, check torque specs etc...) after say 1,000 miles of use?

I want to see if everything was installed to spec...

Vipermed 97.01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All you can really do is inspect valve lash,geometry and torque specs.........stand attaching bolts 40ft/lbs,the only way to check that is to remove the rockers........Shaft hold down nuts 25 ft/lbs..........after valve lash is adj. the adj. jam nut to 15 ft/lbs........unfortunately after the fact is a bad time to check as the only way to truley confirm is to go through the complete installation......if you have reason to believe that there is a problem do not assume all is well as the results would be detrimental.It is however possible that you may encounter a lifter chatter soon after install,as the lifters have to be "loaded" and there can be variances.this can be easily resolved by readjusting the valve lash.This is a basic install for the experienced tuner.Being that the reliability and life of your engine are on the line.make sure this is done correctly as different rockers..ect..Arrow,Crower....T&D rollers have different valve stem geometry.T&D are the best on the market for the vipers,installed properly will last the life of your car

OP
OP
B

Bugeater

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So Vipermed, if you have chatter immediately after key ON, and then diminishes 3 seconds later, I mist likely need to adjust the valve lash?

If I am right, how do I do this? (I'm pretty confident I can with the proper directions)

Thanks for the explanation, BTW.

fe155

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i got a little lifter noise once in a while at start up , i have the T&D's.
The lifters bleed down after sitting for a while and it seems this is common.
Sean at Roe racing told me he was experimenting with adjusting them down 2 full turns and it showed more horsepower on their dyno. Maybe less oil in the lifter had some effect on it pumping up ? I readjusted mine from one full turn to one and a half just to start off with. Then i cranked the engine to check oil flow and it was ok. Since then any noise is gone and thats been about 2 weeks and my car usually sits 3 to 4 days at a time. Since then Sean even said they tried two and a half turns , but im leaving mine alone for now.

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bugs, did you end up using your stock pushrods or change to aftermarket ones?

OP
OP
B

Bugeater

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I used aftermarket (Comp Cams I believe) dont remember the specific length, but whatever was recommended in a previous thread this spring in the performance section.