T&D Roller Rockers - How much HP gain will I get?

Mike_W

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am considering buying these. I have an otherwise stock engine. I just ordered smooth tubes, high flow air filters, and have a muffler delete on a 2002 GTS FE.

What will the T&D rockers do for me?

Would I be better off buying headers and high flow cats at this time?

Thanks

(If someone knows a good estimate of the type of HP I would benefit please let me know. Thanks)

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A recent post on the Alley shows a 15rwhp increase. Most agree 15 to 20 is about average.

My opinion is definetly get the rr's and some hi flo cats if you are not doing the entire exhaust.

OP
OP
M

Mike_W

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, I have a muffler delete in back. So which would give me more gains? The RR or the high flow cats and the headers?

Second question.

How much does it cost to have someone install the rr's (estimate). Are there any downsides to doing it?

Thanks for the response J Dawg

Mike

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
IMO on a creampuff rr will yield the most, however it all works together. The exhaust will benefit more from the rr's. So I think the rr's should come first if you have to choose.

I had the same setup - muffler delete, hi flo cats and rr. Made the car sound like it had a cam. NICE.

The rr's are not to difficult to do yourself otherwise you are probably looking at a minimum of $200 to get them installed I would think.

OP
OP
M

Mike_W

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1-3 TQ? Thats it?

I could eat beans and fart and get more torque.

I will never go over 130 mph in all honesty.

I just want to get their fast.

What should I do?

I would like to only spend 3K at the most UNTIL I buy some type of supercharger.

So, knowing that I do eventually want to get a supercharger, what should I do?

Mike

mntngts99

Viper Owner
Reaction score
NOS
I put R/T H/F cats,corsa cat-back,355 gears and 150 shot for about 3k. best 1/4 to date is 11.01 @ 131 MPH in Vegas last week.

THOR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
NOS
I put R/T H/F cats,corsa cat-back,355 gears and 150 shot for about 3k. best 1/4 to date is 11.01 @ 131 MPH in Vegas last week.

:shocked: Brad - How did you obtain (and get installed?) all these adders for about 3K? :confused: If I could duplicate that as well, I'm in. :2tu:

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On a stock motor, with no other mods, I got 12hp and about 4-5TQ. But with Exhaust on FIRST, and then adding these, I got 25hp and 24TQ. So they definetly help to get more power out, if your going to do complete exhaust.

Jon

mntngts99

Viper Owner
Reaction score
THOR
Got the H/F cats,cat-back and 355 from Jon B for about 2k NX wet kit about 1k and did all the work myself. OH and a half case of beer for the guy who checked the rear end for me after I set it up. This was a year or so ago so it might be a bit more now.

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
dyno on a car I believe has a full exhaust system.

Before and After T&D's.

96Compare_2.jpg

Mike 99ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
NOS

Brad what tires with the 11.01 run?

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
also if you decide to do rr's and want to go with T&D's, save a few hundred bucks and get the Mopars. Same thing, different color.

OP
OP
M

Mike_W

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When you guys say full exhaust, what exactly do you mean? Hi Flo cats and some type of exhaust like Corsa?

Isn't a Muffler delete give more result than Corsa, Borla, or any of the others since there is no restriction if I were to add Hi flow cats?

Thanks for the dyno pic J Dawg. I can't believe how much difference it made at low rpms.

Mike

OP
OP
M

Mike_W

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh yeah,

Where do you get the Mopar rr's at?

Mike

Mike 99ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike
BFG D/R's. I was hoping for a 10.90 or 10.80 that weekend but couldn't get any better then 1.72 60'.

Try to borrow some slicks and skinnies from someone to see what the difference might be. I run headers, Vec1, and et streets with a 11.30. I want to try a 150 shot one day.

Mike 99ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am considering buying these. I have an otherwise stock engine. I just ordered smooth tubes, high flow air filters, and have a muffler delete on a 2002 GTS FE.

What will the T&D rockers do for me?

Would I be better off buying headers and high flow cats at this time?

Thanks

(If someone knows a good estimate of the type of HP I would benefit please let me know. Thanks)

Talk to Sean Roe about a Vec1 or 2. Good for at least 14hp for lees money.

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike, the muffler delete is certainly less restrictive than the stock exhaust, but if you are using 2 1/2 inch tubing that will not flow as well as the 3 inch Corsa and others use. Even though the catbacks have resonators or mufflers, the 3 inch makes a big difference with this motor.

You have an '02 so your headers are much better than earlier years, however when you combine the rr's with a "full" (headers/cats/catback) exhaust you will see the most improvement.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i got jesel j2k rockers from roe racing and they gave me 23rwhp and 21rwtq not bad for uner 1500 bucks and Sean told me they are better then T&D

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The posted dyno chart is mine. I gained 22 hp peak. The car has Belangers and no cats. I repeated this comparison with the same results. I was surprised at the gain. It is noticeable especially at midrange. I just added the VEC2, I will post those results with the previous two after I dyno.

The car could probably have pulled 10-15 more hp, the engine was hot, I drove it on the wheel and immediately did this pull.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang