TA selling well, soon to be selling out...and it's no surprise why

pathoguy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The SRT and TA don't have the insulation of the GTS; for those of you who have already driven these, is the road noise significant? How does it compare to the Gen III/IV?

Coming from a Gen 3 coupe to an srt Gen 5, I find the exhaust tone much better. The overall daily driving experience is so much improved, that I have not focused on the sound. Don't notice any tire noise. Mine has the track pack....not sure that makes any difference? It's still a bumpy ride like the Gen 3, makes about the same amount of creaky noises, but way more forgiving than the 3. The sound system music is easily enjoyed at a quite low volume setting

OP
OP
Bruce H.

Bruce H.

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ride is still but not jarring or punishing. No squeaks, creaks or rattles in mine after 7000 miles and 8 track days. Little wind or road noise, just exhaust noise.

OP
OP
Bruce H.

Bruce H.

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The 2014 TA includes the 12 speaker system only. As I said, road noise is minimal (ie when you push clutch in at highway speeds, or coasting), but it's the exhaust noise you always hear. It's loud but not objectionable below about 2000 rpm (~70 mph) but there is a pretty loud resonance (drone) from ~2000 to 2400 rpm that gets annoying to some (ie. to me but not my wife, even on a longer drive ). I typically only try to listen to the sound system at lower speeds below 70 mph where you can hear it pretty well depending on the audio source, and seldom in the drone zone because it can't compete with the exhaust noise. An audio system in any loud car is going to be seriously compromised, and not be great for your ears even if you can drowned out a loud exhaust. So I'm totally fine with my TA's system, but use it accordingly.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave