Tail of the Drgaon road trip.... Cheers!

Jeebs

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Great video. Very well done. I got their on friday evening. And I made it in your video near the ending. Looked like you had a good time. I know I did. It was my first time going and I already know im going back next year.I can't wait.

OP
OP
jdeft1

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
^ I run the Parkway ever year.... It's Always a good time..... !!!! I love doing this trip!

HLANDIS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice Video! Thanks.
Glad you made the trip Jeebs! Its 11 hours for me also, but I trailered. You are ******** to make that trip in the Viper!! Cant wait till next year, see ya there!!

Brian GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice video! Thanks for posting. Had a great time...one of those events you have to plan everything else around. :)

OP
OP
jdeft1

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This was a 5 day trip for me. It RAINED the whole way back up I 40/81 this time.....and you kids know I drive a gen 1 right?..... Holy crap! That just sucked.

Last edited:

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This was a 5 day trip for me. It RAINED the whole way back up I 40/81 this time.....and you kids know I drive a gen 1 right?..... Holy crap! That just sucked.

At least you had AC to keep you cool for the trip home. I know Stretch was thankful for his AC at the 4th of July party a few years ago.

OP
OP
jdeft1

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the positive comments. I had a blast this year and really enjoyed meeting and hanging out with you guys (and girls). Add another 2k mi. to the old gen 1 odometer!!

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
At least you had AC to keep you cool for the trip home. I know Stretch was thankful for his AC at the 4th of July party a few years ago.

I drove to the Georgia BBQ in July 2010 with no AC in a gen 1. It was very very hot. And Dion kept getting out of his car wearing a coat because "his AC was too cold". One of the most fun road trips ever! I have AC now, it's much better that way.

Great video jdeft! I didn't realize that was you when we met on Thursday. Good times.

OP
OP
jdeft1

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I drove to the Georgia BBQ in July 2010 with no AC in a gen 1. It was very very hot. And Dion kept getting out of his car wearing a coat because "his AC was too cold". One of the most fun road trips ever! I have AC now, it's much better that way.
Great video jdeft! I didn't realize that was you when we met on Thursday. Good times.

I am a fan of road trips of all kinds. Hot, cold, boring? Yep, I've done it too; It's not where you go but how you get there and who you hang with. This trip was great for meeting so many of the people on the forums. Gonna have to re-up my VCA membership....

Wedge500

Viper Owner
Reaction score
We just got back from a trip to the Maggie Valley area. Spent about 4 days down there with a couple of Stangs and a Z06. Had a blast driving the dragon, diamondback, Cherohala Skyway, Blue Ridge Parkway and Moonshiners Run. Too bad I live so far away, I think we drove 2350 miles in about 6 days but it was well worth it.

OP
OP
jdeft1

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
^ Too bad you couldn't work that Maggie Valley trip to coincide with the TOD gathering. It's a good time and a fun place to meet other owners and posters here.

Cheers

OP
OP
jdeft1

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
^ It was a 'long line of cars'......... I love Cake. Great fun rock band with some groovin' cool bass lines too.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62