Take my viper off my hands for $35,000

dcreech0

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm wanting to move my viper in the next week or so. Willing to let it go for 35 as I am looking at another car. My for sale ad is listed here in the classifieds.

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
try ebay, no reserve and start it at say 33k, you never know you may get evan more than 35 k for it,it works sometimes

Tom and Vipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh Man, this is the WORST TIME OF THE YEAR TO SELL ANY CAR!

The used car market dies right after the 4th of July and gets even worse month by monty until you hit December.

January 2nd, the market EXPLODES upward!

Lots of theories why this happens but it is true.

You really want to buy in Nov-Dec and sell in Jan-May

OP
OP
D

dcreech0

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Oh Man, this is the WORST TIME OF THE YEAR TO SELL ANY CAR!

The used car market dies right after the 4th of July and gets even worse month by monty until you hit December.

January 2nd, the market EXPLODES upward!

Lots of theories why this happens but it is true.

You really want to buy in Nov-Dec and sell in Jan-May

So this would be a perfect investment for somebody!!!!!

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i have actually sold sportscars when the snow flies, anything is possible in the car market, its a (anything can happen market) these days. you never know

shine

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I can vouch for dcreech0 and his black Gen3. I've met him a couple of times and he's got a thing for nice toys. It's a great car, and I'd be glad to take it off his hands if I weren't in the middle of my own car-stuff and trying to free up a garage space.

denniskgb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
if you sell on the internet seasons do not matter because there is an ass for every seat out there. just because its winter here its summer is somewhere....:D

OP
OP
D

dcreech0

Viper Owner
Reaction score

tattooed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Any time of the year is a good time to sell your Viper. The southern 1/3 of the US has year round driving weather. Heck, I drive my ACR year round (Kansas City). It's my daily driver, by choice. In the past year, there's been about 10 days out of 365 when I couldn't drive it. "Tom and Vipers" comment about used car sales is true, but doesn't apply nearly as much to extremely limited production, collectible cars.

Reasons why used car sales tank in the fall/winter:
* new car years/models come out in the fall and people want those
* previous year new cars sitting on lots get big discounts/incentives and people buy those instead of buying used cars
* winter is not a good time to drive your newly purchased used sports car, due to the weather
* people saving $ for holidays/xmas
* people saving $ for taxes
* lots of people trade in used cars for the new models, and consequently flood the used car market
* for sports cars, some people buy in the winter or early spring so they can drive it all season until fall, and then sell it

IDM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dude you did a terrible job of listing your car. I'm trying to help believe it or not haha.
I know what a pain it is to sell a car, Ive done it a lot and am also selling a sports car now.
I also tried to sell my mint viper when I thought I needed to due to a house purchase, many viper tire kicker buyers

I would suggest listing it on cars.com for free. Also craigslist for free. If you need it gone asap run it on ebay like you did but take like 20 good pictures with the car as clean as you can with a good background. Your pics look terrible. Take some time to do this and it will actually sell. You also may want to start it at a much lower price or even $1 without any reserve if you want to sell. You basically have a 35k reserve now and buyers hate reserves. eBay is a bunch of people looking for a steal. If they want to see 35k they'll go on autotrader or cars.com

good luck

pony23

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ebay is a good way to get national exposure for your sale. A lot of cars sell out side of ebay after you have made contacts there. My cousin sold his Ford Lightning to a guy from Canada after getting it exposed. When I was looking I would check out the cars on ebay then contact the seller directly.

IDM is right, take a crap load of good pictures. I helps the buyer know what he is looking at.

dester243

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So far it looks like 5 hours left but no bids.

It's also weird how their autocheck score is a 75. I wonder why the lower autocheck score. (It's in the ebay link)

TheOldViperMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In your photos of the wheel area, I notice that the VIPER logo is missing on the brake caliper?. Please explain why?
Thanks
BilyC

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
It's also weird how their autocheck score is a 75.
I wonder why the lower autocheck score. (It's in the ebay link)

There's a little yellow question mark above the score that
explains the rating. In this case the car was (or is) titled as
a rental vehicle and shows an abnormally high amount of
previous owners (in this case 5.) I personally dont see either
as a negative on a car of this caliber considering most are
bought and sold as toys for the wealthy.

I havent been keeping up with prices of SRTs lately but
assuming the car is as described it seems like a good deal
to me. Good luck with it!

OP
OP
D

dcreech0

Viper Owner
Reaction score
In your photos of the wheel area, I notice that the VIPER logo is missing on the brake caliper?. Please explain why?
Thanks
BilyC

This has been a note problem with some other gen three owners. There are actually a couple threads on here that address it. From what I gathered the logo is no a deal, but rather powder coated on from the factory. In some cases they have been known to fade over time with age. You can still see the viper logo on each caliper, it's just very light.