Tator Dodge

Dave's Big Brakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry Chuck :( can't make it, same day as my Flying Tiger reunion :cool: :usa: Lot's of the liquid stuff :2tu: and lots of war stories :eek: retired 747 Captain :cool:
Maybe next year :cool:

low and slow in the turns,with a lot of top rudder :headbang: :headbang:

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I'll be leaving my place at 6am which will put me on the Delaware Memorial Bridge around 730-745. I plan on heading up the Jersey Turnpike, to the Garden State Turnpike, to I287, crossing the Chimpanze...er... Tapen Zee Bridge to I684. This is the long way around, but 80% of the roads are smooth as compared to 95. Also even though it is longer it runs about the same amount of time.

The roads are pretty open this way and, with the exception of the several toll booths, should allow for a decent group to move along.

If you want to meet up drop me a line at [email protected] and we'll discuss meeting points.

OP
OP
P

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Laurie and Ed, where are you planning to meet and when, I don't want to miss this trip. :2tu:

KERS-VPR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Pa-Viper,
Ed and I were talking about meeting the same place as last year at the 81 rest stop right before Grantville exit. You will have to get on 81 at Minada Gap in order to pull in to the rest stop. Last year I met Lauri and Zoomie there at 7:00. Is NatRt10 in also. Maybe we can get together for lunch this Sat. or Sunday it supposed to be a nice one. Who's in? :cool:
Venom1000 we should be at Frackville between 7:35 and 7:50 if your going you can join in or we can get off and meet You. Can you get right back on 61 from the ramp or do we have to maybe pull in the mall. Its been a few years since I've been at that mall.

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, sounds like we will have a large caravan coming from the I81 direction. I agree with Kerry's plan to meet at the rest area off of I81. I will be there at 7:00 am.

Kerry as for this weekend, a get together sounds good. I vote for a run up 125 to Schmokin and grab lunch then head back.

Any body interested in meeting up on Saturday or Sunday, if so lets arrange something.

Jeff, join on in and meet up that would be great.

Ed

OP
OP
P

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
07:00 at the rest area sounds like a plan to me. I am also up for a run this weekend, let me know. Are any of you staying overnight, or is everyone coming back Saturday.
Thanks
Carmen

KERS-VPR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm planning on coming back. Usually get back around 7:30-8:30.

Pharaoh, come on up. Did you call Chuck and let him know?

Venom 1000TT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes it's easy on off from 81 to 61 at the mall at Frackville. It'll be great to meet you all there. All us PA Vipers should swap phone #'s before hand to make arrangements. Also I'd be up for a cruise this weekend. Keep me in the loop. :)

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I guess I'm the only one coming up from the south on Saturday. I've decided to leave at 5am and be at the Del Mem around 6:30. Anyone wishing to join me just needs to email.

OP
OP
P

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Less than a week away, is the plan still 07:00 at the rest area just before Grantville. Right now the forcast is 30% chance of showers, hopefully it will get better.

KERS-VPR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Less than a week away, is the plan still 07:00 at the rest area just before Grantville. Right now the forcast is 30% chance of showers, hopefully it
will get better.

As far as I know nothing has changed, we will be there providing nice weather.

3snakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
two of us are coming form albany ny. going down the thruway rt 87 getting off exit 17 if anyone wants to meet up call 5183655976 then we will go over 84 thanks steve

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will be meeting Ed and KersVpr outside Harrisburg. Are there anyone coming from south on 83? I can meet you at York.
If not, I'll just go straight to Harrisburg.

Lauri
(570) 604-1974

Dave Dugal

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As mentioned earlier by Jerry, the New England Region is coming! We'll be taking the same route we've taken since 1998 (IIRC) and making two stops.

<font color="red">Important Update</font>
Due to the fact that the Chelmsford Rest Area off of Route 495 is under construction, this year we will be meeting at the Westborough Plaza on I-90 West, one exit west of Route 495, at 8:15am. We will also be making our usual stop at Exit 71 off of Route 84 in Willington, CT, at about 9:45am.

Sounds like another record breaker again this year, Chuck!

3snakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
CHUCK if you need help after BBQ for clean up put me on your list. be happy to help. steve

KERS-VPR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Looks like its going to be a nice day. 7:00 at Grantville rest stop.

Venom 1000tt are you going and where at to meet off Frackville? phone#?

2BADD-4U whats the exit # for us to meet you?

Ed, Lauri, Carmen see ya at the rest stop.

my # 717-451-1075

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We will be at the rest area at 7:00 AM.

See everyone there and the rest who we pick up on the way.

If anybody needs it, my cel phone # is 717-441-9908.

Ed

Reaction score
CHUCK if you need help after BBQ for clean up put me on your list. be happy to help. steve

Me too! I doubt I'm heading back to VA till Sunday EARLY AM, so as long as Chuck has a back-up light swith thingamijig to sell me...I'll hang and help clean! :)

2BADD 4U

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like its going to be a nice day. 7:00 at Grantville rest stop.

Venom 1000tt are you going and where at to meet off Frackville? phone#?

2BADD-4U whats the exit # for us to meet you?

Ed, Lauri, Carmen see ya at the rest stop.

my # 717-451-1075

Kerry, I will call you later and in the morning...looks like am showers...30 %...although the forecast at Tators is rain free!

THE EXIT where I will meet everybody is ... 81 N to "EXIT 170A" ...Wilkes Barre, Bear Creek...115 S at the SUNOCO on the left! Will talk in the morning! Time???

My cell # is 570-237-0432

Dave :2tu:

Venom 1000TT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It looks okay on the way out to Tators but I'm pretty sure we will hit thunderstorms on the way back. I don't think I'll chance it. So unless you hear from me tomorrow do not stop in Frackville for me. I really wanted to go. I even got the car washed when I got back from Pocono today. :confused: :(

KERS-VPR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sad to say but I agree as well; I am not going to chance it either. :(
Beautiful day all the way, actually had the air on from time to time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang