Thanks Dan! - Solving tire concerns for 20/20s on GTS

Red Shift

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been trying to decide which tires to purchase for 20s front & back on a GTS and ran into problems between:

1 having enough tire to protect the wheel
2 not having too much and rubbing or making the car have a 4x4 lift look.

I came across Dan posting answers for others in their wheel fitment and saw he had experience with larger sizes, even the new 21" wheels with a 375 in back! I saw he knew what he was talking about and gave him a call. When he returned my call Dan knew about all the issues and advised me on the proper tire choice. I was glad to hear about his experience running a 25 series tire in the front without problems; I was concerned about bending wheels and an overly rough ride. Here's the tire selection I'm going with so others will know:

Nitto Invos on GTS with stock suspension and 20s all around
295/25-20 F
345/25-20 R

This keeps the tire height as close to stock as possible - adds .15"F/.56"R to the overall diameter of the tire (note: these calculations are only done using the markings on the tires and not actual measurements). This is not bad considering other choices add more than an inch to the tire diameters, thus less speedometer error.

Dan was willing to share his knowledge and now I'm excited to get tires in to get these wheels on. Thanks Dan! :headbang:

OP
OP
R

Red Shift

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sure was Dan @ VSP! Did you go with the sizes of Invos I posted above? How's the ride? Also, did you lower the car to decrease the sidewall gap?

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pictures???

I've been trying to decide which tires to purchase for 20s front & back on a GTS and ran into problems between:

1 having enough tire to protect the wheel
2 not having too much and rubbing or making the car have a 4x4 lift look.

I came across Dan posting answers for others in their wheel fitment and saw he had experience with larger sizes, even the new 21" wheels with a 375 in back! I saw he knew what he was talking about and gave him a call. When he returned my call Dan knew about all the issues and advised me on the proper tire choice. I was glad to hear about his experience running a 25 series tire in the front without problems; I was concerned about bending wheels and an overly rough ride. Here's the tire selection I'm going with so others will know:

Nitto Invos on GTS with stock suspension and 20s all around
295/25-20 F
345/25-20 R

This keeps the tire height as close to stock as possible - adds .15"F/.56"R to the overall diameter of the tire (note: these calculations are only done using the markings on the tires and not actual measurements). This is not bad considering other choices add more than an inch to the tire diameters, thus less speedometer error.

Dan was willing to share his knowledge and now I'm excited to get tires in to get these wheels on. Thanks Dan! :headbang:

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have 20 f and r. Tires are Michelin PS2. 335/30 and 295/25.

Ride: I am an ACR due to suspension design. It's stiff. But I like it! :)

Did not need to lower the car. Sits perfect for no fender well rubbing!

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Sure was Dan @ VSP! Did you go with the sizes of Invos I posted above? How's the ride? Also, did you lower the car to decrease the sidewall gap?

Nope, he was on ACR Suspension, so he could get away with the taller rears- if it rubbed, he could just raise it a tad.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper