The 2009 VCA sponsored December race...................

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like to announce we have out first 2 sponsors of the event.

Greg Good Cylinder Heads - Silver Sponsor:2tu:

Ringgold Dodge(Mike Robbins)Gold Sponsor:2tu:

Both of these sponsors supported our race last year and I would like to thank them again for their continued support. I know Mike Robbins sold about 6 Vipers since the race. The reason I just bought an 09 from Mike was he supported the community and in return he was the first new car dealer I called.

Hint Hint to anyone else who would like to support our Fl/Ga race and increase their exposure.

:usa:

Kudos to the sponsors.
I think Mike might have sold some "due" to the race but he has sold waaaay more than 6 "since" the race ;) Maybe 60+ would be closer :)

OP
OP
99 R/T 10

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK everyone, the hotel has been set. Newest place in the area and a lot of parking for trucks and trailers. The owners of the property has extra land around the hotel and will have it prepared if we need to have overflow parking. The hotel is about 14 miles south of the track. Here are the rates, use code "VIPER EVENT":

HAWTHORN SUITES
4025 Northlake Drive
Valdosta, GA 31602
229-241-9221; 229-316-0349 (fax)

Special Rates for December 10-13, 2009
When Making reservation, please give the front desk code Viper Event.

Room Type Description Your Price// Reg.Price # available
Not incl. taxes

SNQ6 Studio Queen Suite $75.00// $99.00 (5)
SNQ6 - No more than 2 people
SNQ5 Double Queen with Full Kitchen $99.00//$139.00
SNQ4 Double Queen $89.00 //$129.00 (16)
SNQ3 Studio Queen with Sleeper & Full Kitchen $99.00 // $119.00 (1)
SNQ2 Studio Queen with Sleeper $89.00 // $109.00 (12)
SNQ1 Corner Double Queen $99.00// $129.00 (8)
SNK2 Studio King with Sleeper & Full Kitchen $99.00 //$129.00 (5)
SNK1 Studio King with Sleeper $89.00// $119.00 (18)
EXE1 Double Queen with Full Kitchen & Desk $119.00 //$159.00 (3)
EXE1 - Up to 6 people with no extra person charge.
PNQ1 ADA Studio Queen with Sleeper $89.00 //$109.00 (3)
PNQ2 ADA Studio Queen with Sleeper & Full Kitchen $99.00// $119.00 (1)
PNQ3 ADA Studio Queen with Roll-in $89.00// $109.00 (1)

If there are more than 4 people in a room there will be an additonal charge of $10 per person.

All of our suites are very spacious. Every room has a refrigerator and microwave. We also have rooms with a full size refrigerator, stove top, and dishwasher. There is a hot breakfast every morning. Pictures are online at Hawthorn | Valdosta Georgia Hotel | Valdosta, GA 31602 | Near Colonial Mall - 5.1 miles, GTC Valdosta Cinemas - 5.2 miles & Valdosta State University - 6.3 miles.

Please give me a call if you would like to tour the hotel or to make a reservation for one of our suites or the conference room.

Thanks you,
Amber McCue
General Manager
Hawthorn Suites,
Valdosta
1-229-316-0291

BOOK EARLY, BOOK NOW :2tu:

Last edited:

RichieSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kudos to the sponsors.
I think Mike might have sold some "due" to the race but he has sold waaaay more than 6 "since" the race ;) Maybe 60+ would be closer :)

My fault Tony I should have said 6 people who attended the race at Bradenton made purchases from Mike since the race in December. See you at the track this year Tony.

:usa:

RichieSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For the STSO it needs a 150 thread rating. I have found good luck with the Pirelli P Zeros with short times of 1.65. Drag Radials will not work. The STSO is the only class where we have this rule.

There are 6 other classes where anything goes.

OP
OP
99 R/T 10

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok Racers, here is the registration form and a Visa form to fill out. You can mail it in to John Canals business or send it via email. Obviously, checks are fine too :2tu:

bradenton_2009_reg.jpg

Credit_card_form.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
99 R/T 10

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will try to maintain a Paid/racing list here. If I can keep it on the same post with help of the mods, I will do so. Otherwise, I will string it out on multiple posts. Also, make sure when you send in your payment, you also include your SCREEN NAME off one of the boards! Some have different names. Paid-up racers are as follows:
99 RT/10
1TONY1
TT RT/10
Fuelman
Cudaman
Overboost
RichieSRT10
99VPRGTS

If you have sent in your payment, PM me so I can update the list!!!!

Last edited:

pdmracing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just got back from the NHRA Div 2 Bracket finals @ SG MSP 2 weeks ago. Here are some tips:

Fast track, 200 ft Alt with a DA around 1000 +- most of the time. My car was a full .10 to .15 faster than commerce on every run. The red lights from out of town racers were unbelievable(9 in the first round alone) I redlit 6 times in qualifing (with only 2 @ Commerce in 10 races all season long) Then a local told me that the groove is slightly down hill. So if you are going red in T&T, stage shallow or if your car hooks, move a hair to the left of the groove & it should solve your problem, worked for me.

Hotel prices vary wildly, I stayed at the Wingate (official track hotel 18 miles away) for $69 for king room with Dogs allowed.
FWIW
If i can get some new skins for the Viper maybee Ill join y'all
Pete

OP
OP
99 R/T 10

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
He for street tire shootout, Khumo make a new Viper size tire I was thinking of buying
Kumho Ecsta XS

180 tread wear, are they lefgal for street tire shoot out?

Also are we running heads up or dial in in street tire stock? ?
Thanks

Hi Ya Pete. You need to post more :2tu:.

To answer your questions:

Tires with a tread wear of 150 or higher are allowed, regardless of make/model.

There is going to be 2 street tire shoot outs. One for bolt-ons only, the other is for all others. All races are heads up! :drive:

pdmracing

Enthusiast
Reaction score

There is going to be 2 street tire shoot outs. One for bolt-ons only, the other is for all others. All races are heads up! :drive:
As you may or may not have heard, I have been pretty ill these past 3 years, spent almost 8 months with no Viper driving at all!(I know, how cruel can it be!)
Fortunately I am on the comeback trail & I think I will be back on a road course soon. Frankly its been kind of depressing & I found it easier to stay away.

OP
OP
99 R/T 10

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No, I didn't. Sorry to hear you weren't well.

Glad to know you are doing better. Think you'll make it out to the race?

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As you may or may not have heard, I have been pretty ill these past 3 years, spent almost 8 months with no Viper driving at all!(I know, how cruel can it be!)
Fortunately I am on the comeback trail & I think I will be back on a road course soon. Frankly its been kind of depressing & I found it easier to stay away.

Very good to see you posting !! Glad things are still looking up too :2tu:

1fast400

Enthusiast
Reaction score

You sure that last rule is accurate? ;)

Red Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not to fan the flames here :D BUT if there are 2 street tire shoot outs and one of those is "ALL OTHERS" why not let the autos run in the "all others" class???

I don't see why they would be totally denied. Doesn't sound right to me.:dunno:

1fast400

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No, he is in the right, the race isn't fair if I run in it. I'd have everyone covered by around a second. It should be a fun race, not a lopsided one.

1fast400

Enthusiast
Reaction score
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AD2Uzq45R2k[/media]

This was done 3 weeks ago on 20" HRE's and Invo's. Under similar conditions on a 1/4 mile track, I'd be VERY close to cracking the 8's.

Red Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No, he is in the right, the race isn't fair if I run in it. I'd have everyone covered by around a second. It should be a fun race, not a lopsided one.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AD2Uzq45R2k[/media]

This was done 3 weeks ago on 20" HRE's and Invo's. Under similar conditions on a 1/4 mile track, I'd be VERY close to cracking the 8's.

There are 2 races. You own a Viper and you should be allowed to race, IMHO. "All others" should be a category that works.

I would be in your class and you would have no problem covering me. By the same token, a UGR TT with a 6 speed would no problem covering me either. But I don't care about that. I'd race you anyway. I want to see that car and SRT on the track (in person). :drive:

1fast400

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, it's their race, their rules and I respect it. I think they are making the right decision. Otherwise it might be hard to get people to register for it. I'm not sure if my other car will be done in time for that event. It's still stuck in paint. The car in the video, my 98, is being shipped to TX to its new owner.

pdmracing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
New skins on the way,I should be in. BTW Almost totaled the GTS yesterday @ some lil outlaw track. It was close!

Red Mist Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Michael,

Just got back from the Middle East, hopefully Josh isn’t far behind. Took a quick cruise with Paul and Scott yesterday. Today, we’re riding out the hurricane/tropical storm. As it stands now it looks like I’ll be able to make it (with Alane). I’ve got a few questions. Please see my PM...

Thanks,
jim

OP
OP
99 R/T 10

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I want everyone to know that Gary Meyer(BAD68GTO) stepped up in a BIG WAY!!!! He has generously became a Silver sponsor thru his company: GEM Enterprises - Home

He will also be there to try to take away Tony Armours title as the King of the Roes! :D :D

Give him a call in you need anything electronic, (856) 486-1297
THANKS AGAIN GARY AND SEE YOU ON THE TRACK!!!!
:2tu:

OP
OP
99 R/T 10

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Blast From The Past And Another Silver Sponsor For The Race!!!

Welcome Gary Javo!!!

His company is Sit & Sleep Mattress. We all know how important a good night sleep is! Give him a call or check out his website:

www.sitandsleep.net

Company Info:
Sit & Sleep Mattress
912-713-5286
Tempurpedic, Simmons, Sealy, Serta
Viper Club Discounts

:2tu:

OP
OP
99 R/T 10

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome GREG GOOD from Greg Good Cylinder Heads as a Silver sponsor!

Greg was the first person to step up and sponsor the race. He is always there for the Viper family. Please call him if you have any questions about better flowing heads for the Viper! 713-290-1103

:D:D

OP
OP
99 R/T 10

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will try to maintain a Paid/racing list here. If I can keep it on the same post with help of the mods, I will do so. Otherwise, I will string it out on multiple posts. Also, make sure when you send in your payment, you also include your SCREEN NAME off one of the boards! Some have different names. Paid-up racers are as follows:
99 RT/10

1TONY1
TT RT/10
Fuelman
Cudaman
Overboost
RichieSRT10
Lee Saunders
Sam

If you have sent in your payment, PM me so I can update the list!!!!

OP
OP
99 R/T 10

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, as hard as it is for me to say this, it looks like we will have to cancel the race. We just couldn't get enough people to participate. I don't know if it was the economy, time of year or just the apathy towards drag racing, :(. The race is off and I don't think it will happen again. It's really too bad because the facility at Valdosta is amazing!

If you have sent in a check to John Canal, please email or PM him if you want it back or if he can rip it up.

I want to thank all the sponsors for stepping up and supporting the VCA and it's members:

GREG GOOD CYLINDER HEADS IN HOUSTON, TX :2tu:
Greg Good Racing - Coming Soon

RINGGOLD DODGE IN RINGGOLD, GA :2tu:
www.ringgoldcdj.com

ARRON SCOTT AT SOUTH GEORGIA CORVETTES :2tu:
www.sgvette.com

GARY MEYER FROM GEM ENTERPRISES :2tu:
GEM Enterprises - Home

GARY JAVO IN SAVANNAH, GA- SIT AND SLEEP MATTRESS:2tu:
www.sitandsleep.net

PLEASE TAKE NOTE THAT THESE SPONSORS ARE NOT THE USUAL BIG PLAYERS, BUT STILL ARE VERY DEDICATED TO THE VIPER COMMUNITY.

MOST OF THE BIGGER PLAYERS DECLINED TO HELP WITH OUR LITTLE RACE :(

KEEP THIS IN MIND WHEN YOU ARE LOOKING FOR:

PERFORMANCE HEADS(GREG GOOD)
ELECTRONICS OF ANY KIND(GEM ENTERPRISES)
BEDS, BEDDING OR MAYBE A BIG SOFT CHAIR(SIT AND SLEEP)
ANY NEW DODGE PRODUCT OR MAYBE EVEN A REALLY COOL USED ONE :2tu: