The Best 30 Minutes of My Life!

MichaelThurston

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll start out by saying I have put a ton of track miles on my Viper, have worked as an instructor for Viper Days, Porche club and others. I have sky dived, scuba dived, free dived and bungy jumped. I have flow planes, acrobatics, and gliders along cliff faces. But today was the most fun I have ever had. I took my first helicopter lesson. It was incredible. The speed, the maneuverability, the lack of altitude. It's just incredible what this machine can do, and even more amazing is what the pilot did with it. We flew low over the ocean looking for Manta Rays. When he saw one, he grabbed the controls, wipped the tail around, and dove! Then we flew up a creek, following the water course, which was incredibly curvy and required steep turns. Then we flew contours, which entails going up and down steep hills as close as possible to the trees. It really felt like we were going to scrape some bushes. For the finale we did the autorotate, which entails practicing an engine failure (proving that you won't die if the engine fails). Basically cut the power and descent steeply until you pull up and slide along the ground. I was surprised we actually slid along the ground as in airplanes you skip that step. Then I got to attempt to hover, which really is as hard as they say.

Treat yourself today and get an intro flight. It's just incredible!!!!

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Michael,
Come on in the army and I will train you up in the UH-60 Blackhawk! What were you flying in, Bell Jetranger?

Nightstalker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Michael,
Come on in the army and I will train you up in the UH-60 Blackhawk! What were you flying in, Bell Jetranger?

After you are done in learning how to fly.

Then come over to the dark side and We can really show you how to fly a Blackhawk and a LittleBird :2tu:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala